Y/n (14)

Note: Sorry I took so long to update! But I was asked if I could include a scene between Xichen and the reader doing...you know? Ah. It took me almost three weeks to finalize this chapter T-T It's my first time writing something like that. But I know there are innocent readers out there, so this chapter is censored—the Uncensored vers. Will not change anything in the censored one. I mean, there might be mentions of what they've done but not fully :)

Just saying, the uncensored vers. Is in another separate book :) It's called "Papapa" ? lol so creative aha

 Is in another separate book :) It's called "Papapa" ? lol so creative aha

...

"Sect Leader! Urgent report!"

Nie Mingjue looked up from his desk, "Come in."

"It's Lanling Jin Sect's request for aid from Sect Leader Jin himself." A soldier spoke while handing over a letter to him.

Though there was a short moment of silence coming from Chifeng-zun, he sternly gave a nod as he observed the contents written on the paper.

"Instruct the men, tomorrow; we leave for Langya."

-

On his way was a small forest. Rather quiet, somewhat secluded, and the cultivators' corpses lay sprawled every few feet apart.

Oh, how things have taken a turn. If only Sect leader Nie hadn't arrived at the exact moment Meng Yao planned to take place, then none of this wouldn't have happened. Chifeng-Zun has a fiery personality that not even those close to him could escape.

He made himself known by stepping on the dry leaves, a crunching sound left behind as he walked forwards to stand behind Nie Mingjue.

Meng Yao, who had been on the ground almost crawling, stood up with all the energy he had left. In a trance, he staggered a few feet towards Nie Mingjue, who helped steady him up.

Meng Yao murmured, "Thank you, Sect Leader Nie."

Nie Mingjue turned around, his eyes meeting with Y/n's own before Meng Yao suddenly spoke, "...I still can't."

Y/n's eyes widened, noticing Meng Yao pointing a sword at his stomach with a face full of despair.

Meng Yao thrust the sword inside with force, and Y/n swore he saw Chifeng-zun's pupils shrink abruptly before quickly turning to face Meng Yoo, who had already spat out a mouthful of blood. Meng Yao's body collapsed into the pool of other people's blood.

"A-Yao!" Y/n yelled, quickly rushing to Meng Yao's fallen body and let himself fall on his knees, dirtying his f/c robes even more. He immediately lifted Meng Yao's body holding him, avoiding the sword's blade inside of Meng Yao's stomach.

"You!-"

A forced, weak smile stretched upon Meng Yao's lips as he turned to look at Nie Mingjue, "I..."

Nie Mingjue kneeled by the two, and as Meng Yao's head slowly dropped,  he pressed his palm onto Meng Yao's chest, passing him spiritual energy.

One could tell Nie Mingjue had been shocked at the sudden actions Meng Yao took, and Y/n was too. He had never agreed for Meng Yao to take such reckless methods but didn't bother stopping him either.

And to see Meng Yao calmly stand up, brushing off Chifeng-zun's hand in the process, Y/n wanted to scream. Scold him if he had to, but he couldn't.

Meng Yao pulled the sword out of his stomach with both caution and composure, producing a string of small, bloody splashes and pressed the wound. Pressed on the wound with his hands, "Chifeng-zun."

Nie Mingjue's head raised, and their eyes met.

Meng Yao sheathed his sword, bowed towards both Y/n and Mingjue. "Y/n."

"I don't regret to have met either of you." He spoke before sharply turning on his heel and sprinted away without looking back.

-

With a solemn expression, he sat next to Lan Xichen on the wooden bed. Not being able to look at him straight in the eye as his eyes were tinged red. He could only clench his hands into fists over his thighs.

Xichen's right hand reached out to caress Y/n's cheek. He was gently swiping away the couple of tears that had escaped from Y/n's eyes.

"You can tell me anything. And I'll be here to listen."

Y/n met Xichen's eyes with his e/c ones that glistened under the soft, dull light coming from the lantern, barely illuminating the room. His mind clouded with different thoughts over the events that happened earlier, still bothering him.

Lan Xichen lifted Y/n's chin with his hand and leaned in to press his lips onto Y/n's ever so gently, not needy or rushed.

-

"I tried to stop him, A-Huan. I truly did."