Y/n (15)

It pained him to know that one day, he could meet his end without warning leaving all of his friendships, memories, and accomplishments behind

He let his body sink against the bed and reached out his hand to grasp at thin air.

"Xichen." He called at the other, who sat down by a low table, examining the contents of what could be the formation map of Qishan.

Xichen gave a hum in response, turning his head up the slightest to look at Y/n with a warm, comforting smile. "Yes?"

Y/n's hand that was raised dropped to his chest, playing around with the creases on his robes. "The map, I have a feeling that it is correct." He began. "Those letters, there is no mistaking the handwriting is his. He told me before that he would find a way no matter what it was to get to the end of this war. And it has already been several days-"

"It does appear to be correct." Xichen interrupted, but for some reason, his words were reassuring.

Y/n sat up and threw his legs over the bed so his feet would touch the ground.

His palms pressed against the soft sheets, and he met gaze with Xichen. "That would make sense, considering the fact that you have been examining the paintings closely these past few days."

Xichen carefully rolled the map, making sure not to damage it as he did so.

A small smile graced Y/n's lips, and he stood up slightly, stretching out his stiff muscles. "I should probably head back to Sect Leader Nie; he won't be too happy If I continue to slack off."

"You aren't slacking off. You have been helping me with various things, Mingjue-Xiong will understand."

Y/n let out a soft laugh, "How exactly have I been helping you? Oh-" he hummed, "But that other thing doesn't count. We do it because..."

The tips of Lan Xichen's ears reddened at the assumption of what could be considered "The other thing."

Xichen was quick to stand up and took the scroll into his hand before starting to make his way out of the room. He stopped just by the door to say, "Mingjue-Xiong will certainly not be too content with you, often disappearing from his sight." Almost tauntingly.

-

With his hands behind his back, Y/n walked alongside Lan Xichen as they both entered what could be considered the conference room in Hejian.

Chifeng-zun stood behind a table centered at the front, and Sect Leader Jiang and Jin Zixuan sat on opposite sides facing each other—seeming to be in what appeared to be a conference between the three only.

Lan Xichen, "Mingjue-Xiong." He called as he walked upfront. "I have something to present. Please have a look; everyone present."

He could have presented it to Nie Mingjue privately, but seeing as others were here, Lan Xichen would certainly not miss the chance to show what he had in his hands.

Y/n bowed towards Nie Mingjue politely before walking to his side. After Meng Yao had fled, Y/n had become a right-hand man to him. He was following his orders and suggesting details that must certainly help them somehow with the on-going war.

The scroll which Lan Xichen had in his hands was then given to Nie Mingjue.

Nie Mingjue rested the scroll against the desk, and with both hands, unfolded it. His eyes were looking over even the most minor details of the brush strokes.

"This is..."

Jiang Cheng was quick to notice, and his eyes almost glistened with stars, "Formation Map of Qishan!"

It seems this news had shocked everyone, even surprised them as Chifeng-zun was left without any words to say.

Nie Mingjue, "Xichen, this type of information is so confidential; how did you get this?"

A Yunmeng Jiang disciple walked in and bowed, "Sect Leader Jiang, your assistance is required."

Jiang Cheng gave a stern nod before sharing a look with Jin Zixuan then turning to Nie Mingjue, "Chifeng-zun,"

"We can discuss the map later." Nie Mingjue said, earning him a nod from Jin Zixuan, who bowed before walking out, following after Jiang Cheng.

In the room now only stood the three of you.

(Note: and the ___ tension-)