Foxy's Backstory Part 1 (REWRITEEE!!!)

I'm rewriting Foxy's backstory!!! Why? Because A. It sucks and I wanna rewrite it. B. It's dumb and I wanna rewrite it. C. It was written by a 3-year-old and I wanna- OKAY WE GET IT.

I am going to keep the whole main idea of it, but also not at all.

Anywhooooooo I'll just stop talking and let y'all read it yourselves.

(btw this is like- pretty long. Especially compared to the last version)

~~~

*Salem's POV*

I flop dryly on my bed, nearly missing the small white cat that was rested there. He flinches a bit but doesn't really move.

My hand lazily reaches up and scratches his head, the ball of fluff purring softly as I bury my head into my pillow. It was a long day of dealing with my mother, I deserve to sit here for a bit.

Slowly, I roll over and sit up straight. I grab the kitten and put him in my lap, him glaring in annoyance but not moving from where I set him. My hand keeps petting him as my eyes close and my head falls back.

Other than dealing with my housemates, checking Foxy is a very important daily task of mine. The Neko girl and I have been connected through the Realms for longer than I can remember, so she's basically like a sister to me. More so than my actual one, anyways. 

Foxy hasn't been doing too hot, to say the least. When she was little, her dad had to move far away for personal reasons, so he couldn't do anything for her when her mom died. Foxy hated the idea of living in an orphanage, so she had run away into the forest. And that's about where we are now, 9 years later at least.

As my consciousness drifted away, I faintly felt the ball of fur jump calmly out of my lap.

~~~

*Foxy's POV*

FuckfuckfuckfuckfuckRUNRUNRUNRUNSALEMTHISISNOTTHEFUCKINGTIME-

Jumping over people, carts, and trashcans, I continue booking it towards the forest.

In cat form, of course. 

With a stolen bag of shrimp in my mouth.

Ducking under a final fence, I make it to the thick safety of the woods. The sushi mart worker that had been chasing me with a knife just curses and turns around. Honestly, why does he keep chasing? It's been 2 years and he's only managed to hit me once!

Slipping through the brush, I jump back to human form and inspect the bag of delicious shrimp. God, I'll never get tired of this. Carefully, I jump into a marked tree and grab the backpack that I had stowed away there. I throw in the shrimp and jump back down, making my way deeper into the familiar forest.

FOXY ANSWER ME GOD DAMNI- ALRIGHT ALRIGHT SHEESH, CAN YA BE PATIENT?? I was busy, lady!

Just answer me quicker, I get worried dumbass. 

Yeah yeah I know, I'm fine though, calm your tits.

You dare use my own spells against me, Potter?

Anddd I'm ignoring you now.

Through all the thick brambles and wood, a very small clearing comes into view. I hop over one last protruding root, arriving in the said area. My backpack slides off my back and I throw it neatly onto a branch. Wow, it's like I've done this for years.

I grab the shrimp out and take it over to a creek, where I completely airlock the bag before hiding it halfway underwater, by some big rocks and other "refrigerated" goods. 

It's already almost 7, so the sun is setting. I light a match and throw it into a pre-setup fire pit, where the heat explodes in a flame of orange and yellows. A few more pieces of wood later, and I've got a roaring fire that should last me at least a few hours.

Hey Foxy, you remember what tomorrow is, right?

How could I not, Salem. You remind me every day.

Aw come on, be a bit more excited!

I'll be more excited about my birthday when I have people to spend it with.

. . . 

It's silent for a bit, and I just watch the clouds go by. I'm not gonna be sorry for not being excited, cause I really don't care. Yeah, great, it's my 14th birthday, how exciting.

It gets dark quickly, and soon it's 8:30. Pretty sure Salem's done talking to me for the night, so I'll probably pass out soon.

My hand subconsciously runs a finger over the scar on my leg, tracing the indent of healed over flesh. It's one of my favorite scars, cause it marks the one and only time that the sushi man has managed to hit me. I don't even know his name, but it's fun letting him chase me every week.

. . .

Something's here.

My ears twitch and I jump up from my spot, leaping onto a branch and staring at a point in the darkness. I know I heard something... Just a bunny?

I try to lower my guard, but I can't shake the feeling that something, someone, is watching me. My shaky but steady breathing stops as I tune out my other senses and focus on what I'm hearing. A steady heartbeat from the bushes to the left, paired with shallow breathing. There's no way that's a bunny. The beating of its heart seems almost too slow to be a human's, though.

My breathing starts up again and I continue staring at the spot. It must be a human. Why are they here then? Did the sushi guy finally snap?

Then, I hear a gun cock behind me.

By the time this fact registers I jump up to hide in the trees, the tranquilizer dart is already shot into my side. I lose my grip on the upper branch and fall all the way down to my original patch in the grass.

My vision starts to go hazy as I struggle to move. A tall figure in all black comes out from the bushes where the dart had been shot from. Definitely not the sushi guy.

As the tranquilizer really starts to set in, I lose my grip on reality. For that last moment, I see the man put out my fire, before picking me up and leaving my clearing. 

~~~

*Salem's POV*

I wake up the next day with a sinking feeling. After Foxy got mad about her birthday, I left her alone and came back to the real world. Soon after, I had fallen asleep. Now it's morning, and I can't help but feel like I shouldn't have left her.

~~~

Hehehe cliff hanger go brrr

How'd you guys like it? From here on, it's gonna be pretty much the same plot as the last version. Hint hint, the kidnapper is Jason.

I don't know when part two will be up, but we'll see!!

Anyways

See ya on the flip side!