Soulmate AU - 3

Kystery. Kyrstery? Wait no, Mystery's the top. Mystyr? Mysterky? Whatever.

MYSTERY AND KYR! The moment you've all been waiting for B)

Mysterjavia?

Mysjavia?

That one

Everyone's been waiting for this chapter! And I'm going to claim it as my anniversary chapter because I fuckin can.

We all love both of these idiots, and it was Mystery who choose Kyr as her soulmate, and then I just ran with the idea. I already showed them in the Valentine's chapter, but this is where they'll really show up.

So, let's begin!

~~~

*Mystery's POV (I'm sorry if these are not things you would think/say yada yada yada)*

I never really paid attention to the words marking my skin. They weren't important, I had never interacted with new people much anyways. But I'll spare the details of why.

When I was 16, I found the Reader's Den. I had been country hopping a bit before then, and was only in the Reader's Realm for two weeks before a short blond called An0n found me.

She said I looked lost, and took me to a mansion. It was a sanctuary for weirdos and cast outs. Really, it seemed like the perfect place for me, so I stayed.

There, I made some of my first friends. I didn't really tell them my story, but I will eventually.

Later I met a boy named Dogge. He spoke German, just like me, so I dragged him into my life and into the Reader's Den.

And here we are in the now. I am 17, best friends with an AroAce furry boy, and surrounded by idiots

There's a new reader today! An0n sent the message to the group chat a few minutes ago. They should be here within the hour.

I ran down the stairs to the common room and met Foxy in the kitchen. She was one of my best friends here in the mansion, and like me, they haven't found their soulmate yet.

Also, I really need to stop being friends with all the furries.

"What're you making, Foxy?"

"Oh, hey Mystery. Just some stir fry. Want any?"

"...Uhm, what's stir fry?"

Foxy whipped around and almost slapped me with her spatula. She gestured to a stool at the counter.

"Sit. Now. You uncultured mother fuck."

I do as she says and laugh when they get right back to cooking.

I start playing on my phone while I wait and see An0n texting the group chat. There's an image and when I click on it, I find a picture of.. a robot? walking along the road to the mansion. Is that the new reader?

While I'm still reading An0n's other messages, I hear the front door open behind me. I swivel on my stool and see the figure that had just been on my phone.

"Everyone!! Meet the new reader! Come on, introduce yourself."

They smile and wave. The face on their screen turns a little red and they start figeting.

"Hello everyone! I'm Kyrjavia, but you can just call me Kyr."

I go to hop up from the counter, but Foxy grabs my shirt and pulls me back.

"Oh hell nah, you can wait. You're gonna eat, right now. Sit."

Complaining is futile, so I accept my fate and stay seated. Foxy plates the stir fry, then slides it over to me while she starts making his own.