Broken

"(Y/N)?" Jaehyun asked Yuta. "It's been two days. She hasn't called once." He claimed, making the older guy shake his head. "You don't know where she is?"

Taeyong just gave a worried look over at his friend. "Yuta, is something wrong? Why are you so protective of her?" he asked. "If she needed help, she should have called. She knew your number."

But it only made the guy more worried. What if something bad happened to her? What if she's hurt once again? Two days of not calling him are pretty normal but two days of not going to work are weird enough. Jungwoo said that maybe it was Johnny who gave her days off but the older claimed that he didn't. But he's also not that strict with their work attendance as long as they can finish the work assigned to them. The third day came and there's still no news about her.

Once again, Yuta found himself in front of their house. That quiet house. An older woman went out and knocked on his car door, saying that the man of the house left early that morning with his luggage. Did he leave? Yuta thought. Then where is (Y/N)? When he asked the older woman, she said that (Y/N) never returned to the house and the place is pretty vacant now. But she told him that she's coming home, Johnny said the same thing. So where exactly is she?

"Can I check the house?" he asked and the landlady agreed, handing him the keys to the house and letting him in. It was the same as when he went inside before but shards of glass filled the floor and if not careful, someone can easily get hurt. There really is no sign of anyone and a faint smell of blood is all he can smell.

He remembered her room so she tried to enter it for any signs of her but it is locked from the inside. Only one possibility, she's still here. He kept on knocking, even calling her name, but there's no response from the inside. He called Jungwoo asking if he can call (Y/N) and just minutes later, he heard a faint sound coming from the inside. She is indeed here.

Yuta tried locating the key for her door but even if he found the right key, it won't open as if something is blocking it. "(Y/N), it's Yuta. Open up. I know you're inside." He tried begging for her but there's still no response. With no other choice, he used force to open the door which caused it to break the hinges. The room was so dark, the only light he can make up is the phone by her bed. "(Y/N)!" he called, looking around the room for any signs of her.

A faint sound can be heard next to a large cabinet and he tried to open it up, surprised to see her falling down the large furniture. She was cold as ice and her lips were chapped. "Yah, what happened?" Worry is evident in his voice as he carried her to his car. He needed to bring her to the hospital immediately. He covered his jacket on her to at least keep her warm. "(Y/N), hey, wake up. Can you hear me?"

"Yuta?" she called weakly. "Please don't bring me to the hospital." And Yuta stopped driving immediately. What? "They'll ask what happen. Please, I don't want him to end up in prison again." She begged, desperately trying to open her eyes and stay awake. "Please Yuta. Save my dad." She's in this state yet she's still thinking about the person who hurt her. Doesn't her dad know how lucky he is to have (Y/N) as a daughter? Why did she have to suffer all of this?

Instead of the hospital, he brought her to his apartment. He called Jungwoo then his personal doctor to give her a thorough check-up. "You found her just in time. She could have been dead if it's an hour later." But he wished that he had found her sooner than that. Even stopping her from going back to that place. "But this is a crime, Yuta. You can report this..." He lightly glanced at her peaceful sleeping face. Slowly, color is appearing on her face. Yuta shook his head, she wouldn't like that. She wouldn't want to see her dad in jail.

Johnny, Jungwoo, and Ten all came to his apartment to check on her, even apologizing that they didn't get too worried about her. He shared the findings of the doctor and Johnny shared that this isn't the first time that this happened. "Yuta, please take care of her," Johnny claimed. "She would often say that she's the only one left for her dad but there's no one on her side. So whatever happens, please stay by her side." Yuta not only promises that. He knew that it is what he wanted to do all along.

The CEO was busy with his work that night when he heard muffled cries from inside his room. He stood up quickly and entered his room but (Y/N) is not in bed, even the IV is already removed. The sounds came from his walk-in closet. He wasn't even surprised that she's inside.

(Y/N)'s eyes were red and she looked like a small child, crying while hugging her knees. "(Y/N)," Yuta called softly, holding her arm but she jerked her arm away as if it's on fire. "(Y/N)..."

"Please, don't hurt me." She begged that made him crack. She's so vulnerable, so fragile. How can someone like her dad hurt her like this? "I'm sorry. I'm begging you..."

Yuta bit his lip to prevent himself from choking. How scared she might have been that she's begging like this? "(Y/N)..." he said in the softest way possible. "It's Yuta and I won't hurt you." She stopped then looked at her, gazing with those teary, misty eyes. It really hurts him seeing her like this. Gently, he held her shoulder then smiled when she didn't move away from him. "Do you want anything? Bungeoppang?"

She shook her head, feeling Yuta's warmth from his hold on her. "I'm sorry." She whispered. The guy gave her a confused look. Sorry for what? "I'm sorry you have to see me like this."

"I wouldn't have it any other way, (Y/N)," Yuta claimed and she smiled. "Let's get you to bed, hmm?"

He was so gentle to her, so soft. As if she's glass that can break. She asked him to lay with her in bed since she liked his warmth, liked how he holds her. "I wanted to call you but I'm scared he might hurt you as well." She confessed. Yuta held her hair, staring at her and listening, waiting for what she's going to say next. "And I don't want to bother you."

"You know you're never a bother to me, right? You should have called me. I should have saved you." But she just closed her eyes, a tear escaping her eyes. Her arms were filled with bruises and cuts as if she had gone to have a fight somewhere. "Johnny said this is not the first time. How long had this been going on?" he asked while tracing the patches on her skin with his thumb.

The girl sighed. "When my mom left us." She answered and Yuta just stared at her, listening intently. "I was in high school when she ran away from us because my dad can't give her the dreams she wanted. He stopped his martial arts and he would drink every single day." He hissed at the thought that a martial artist would do this to someone as small as (Y/N). "Whenever he comes home, he would hurt me. Telling me that I'm the reason why my mom left, why their dreams crushed."

He held her cheek, wiping her tears with his thumb. "I went to Paris to look for her. She said she wanted to go there. It was a suicide mission and until now, I regret going to Paris." He felt his heart stop because of that. He already heard that before, how she regretted going to Paris. But now, he realized that it may really be a bad experience for her. Why did they have to meet there? She held his hand that was on her cheek, "You are the best thing that happened in Paris, Yuta."

He felt his heart beating again, wildly this time. How can those simple words affect him like this? He's like a lovesick girl. He shouldn't be too happy. Yuta pulled her closer, hugging her in his arms. "From now on, stay here with me. We won't put your dad in jail but let's force him to go to rehab." The girl stared at him in confusion. Rehab? "He's your only family left, I don't want you to lose him. So please, (Y/N) let me do this. Let me take care of you."

"Why are you doing this?"

He sighed. "There's a Japanese art called 'kintsukuroi'. It is repairing broken pottery by mending it using gold." Yuta explained. "You are like broken pottery and the only way to show the world how beautiful you are is by mending you with gold." (Y/N) breathed hard. It's the first time that she heard of that.

Kintsukuroi? How can it sound so classy yet broken? Japanese people really have a wise philosophy. "You want me to be your repaired pottery?"

He kissed the top of her head. "I can't do that. But I'll give you gold to repair yourself." The girl looked at him. "Just lean on me, hmm?"

"You can just get a new one, Yuta." She said while sitting on the bed, moving far from her.

He laughed at that. "Koi no yokan." Then he smiled at her confused look. "That was what I felt when I first saw you at the airport." The curiosity grew. What does that even mean? But Yuta just chuckled at her. "Do you want to eat? I'll call for delivery." She nodded at that, realizing that she hasn't had any food for the whole day. "What do you want to eat?"