Mess

"What?" Jungwoo asked. "Your mom is Yuta's stepmom?" he repeated that made the sobbing girl nod. "And now, she's pregnant?"

"So you had sex with your stepbrother?" Lucas asked that made Jungwoo throw a pillow at him, claiming that he's not helping at all. "Will you be answering your phone?" he asked, mentioning the nonstop ringing of her phone.

Jungwoo rolled his eyes. "Can you just fix the bedroom?" Lucas had to glare at Jungwoo and the other just winked at him. "(Y/N), you have to talk to Yuta. It's not your fault, not his. You both didn't know." he claimed, wiping her tears. "You have to save him and yourself from all this drama."

"I don't know what to tell him."

"Just answer your phone and let him know that you're here," he suggested. (Y/N) just stared at him and Jungwoo sighed, taking her phone to accept the call. "It's Jungwoo. She's fine. She just fell asleep." he said at the guy on the other line.

Jungwoo had to watch his friend bite her lip and fiddle her fingers. She looked so happy those past few days, why does it have to happen now? And how small is this world that their lives could get connected like this? "But Yuta..." he started then stared at the girl. "If it helps, she's really in love with you."

That's a wrong statement since he heard how Yuta broke down and saw how she broke down as well. Fuck, he might have made everything worse.

"What kind of a fucked up hentai is this?" Jaehyun asked, on top of the loud bass booming from the club. "She's your stepsister?"

Yuta glared. Does he have to repeat that? He shouldn't have told them. Taeyong only looked at him in worry. The last time Yuta is like this was when he was worried about not meeting her again from Paris. How can he have the same problem as before? Her.

"Did you talk to your stepmom?" Taeyong genuinely asked that made the other shake his head, he doesn't even pick up the calls from his dad.

When Yuta came back to their table, his stepmom was already crying and he already got what that meant. The realization of their lives threading like this. He finally understood why she had to say that before the elevator closed. The same question is what's running in his mind.

Taeyong was just watching how Yuta downed the glass of beer. "What about her?" he asked. "Have you talked to her?" It was now his turn to get glared at. How can he face her?

"You were right about one thing, Yong," he confessed then finished another glass of beer. "I'm grooming her to like me. This isn't love. I'm forcing her to need me." By now, he might be really drunk. Jaehyun only looked at Taeyong who looked really worried. Yuta is so good at handling his alcohol, this is different. He's really troubled. "Am I crazy to think that I should leave my family for her?"

Jaehyun nodded. Yes, he is really crazy.

Yuta knew that he cannot hide from his dad. His decision is final and hopefully, his dad never rejects him. He's done his part in the company and he'll have a new successor soon. Surprisingly, he just asked him to meet in a car park of a hotel.

"They're talking inside." The older started that surprised Yuta. (Y/N) and his stepmom? "I think you need to know this as well, Yuta." he started. "(Y/N) is not her real daughter."

Why didn't he think of that possibility? But that only meant that the family she's desperately holding on to is not real. What hurts him the most is knowing that her real parents really left her to the problematic family she grew up with. If they don't want a child, why bother giving birth to one? Why bother making one? But she wouldn't be here if not for them. And that's the only thing that's stopping him from getting angry at the parents she never knew.