Kintsukuroi

But that Friday became uneventful for Yuta since she woke up first and was already out of his house when he woke up. Really? Why is she always an early riser? Breakfast was left on the table and he did the only thing he can think of.

Taeyong was laughing when Yuta opened the door to his unit. "A bento box? Really, Yuta?" He teased, entering his house as if his own and proceed to the kitchen. "Doyoung is right. She got you in her fingers."

The other raised an eyebrow at him. "She's my girlfriend. I'm supposed to take care of her."

The man who was already fixing the ingredients shook his head. "She can take care of herself, Yuta." He reasoned out that made the other look at him, asking to elaborate. "You're pulling her to your world. Don't you think you're grooming her too much to fall in love with you?"

"I'm not!" He revolted. "She likes me."

The other shrugged. "Why is she living here anyway? Where are her parents?" Yuta sighed. Should he tell Taeyong? And why does he feel uncomfortable with the thought of bringing back (Y/N) to her dad? Where exactly is her dad? Her mom?

It was half an hour before lunchtime when Yuta parked outside of the publishing house. Jaehyun, who was informed by Taeyong, welcomed him by opening the door surprised that he was bringing in two bags full of things. "I'm glad you came here." He claimed that made the older confused. Why? Did something happen? "Can you calm your girlfriend down?"

She was focused on her computer, biting her thumb. It was a habit he noticed whenever she's fidgety. She might be nervous. "What happened?"

"Her work will be published today." That's a good thing. She said that it was approved. What is she so nervous about? "I'll bring the other foods inside."

Yuta followed the younger's order. When he approached (Y/N)'s table, that's when he noticed that she's alone in their office. Where are her other co-workers? Inside? Why is she left alone?

Maybe she really is that nervous that she was just scribbling on her drawing tablet, not noticing that he sat beside her. She was drawing him that made him chuckle. "You are so obsessed with me." He teased placing the bento box in front of her.

"What are you doing here? Did Jaehyun call you? Don't you have work today?"

She really is nervous. "It's my day off, I forgot to tell you last night." He took tempura from the bento box, feeding her using the chopstick. "Jaehyun didn't call me. I delivered lunch for you and your workmates." She was obviously surprised but cannot talk since she's munching on the batter-covered shrimp which is really good, she might add. "Where are they?"

She gulped before answering him, "Inside. Discussing my work." She glanced at the closed door and blinds. "Yuta, what if my work isn't fit for publishing? What if they realized that it wasn't good enough? What if...?"

He held the back of her head, patting her to calm her down. "You said Johnny already accepted your work, right?" She nodded. "Then it will be fine. Maybe they're just teasing you." But she shook her head. It's work, they wouldn't do that. "I believe in you, (Y/N). You should believe in yourself as well."

The girl had to breathe hard at that. Yuta is right, she can just try again next time. "Can you stay for a little bit? Until they're done with the meeting? Please."

Yuta smiled. "I have nowhere I want to go but here." He tapped on the bento box. "Now, eat. Or do you want me to feed you?" She shook her head, taking the chopsticks to feed herself. The guy would ask her to feed him as well in between bites that made her giggle. Yuta had a really peculiar way of bringing up her mood.