pt8. Painful Touches

"No, this trick won't work... How on earth are you going to ever explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?" Albert Einstein

+++

Silas's POV

Me and Sage pull into the parking lot at O' by Claude le Tohic at 5:50 pm.

Sawyer was running late, something about a toilet paper catastrophe in one of our hotels, whatever that means, but he texted me saying that he'll be here shortly.

After walking through the line and being seated in a private section of the hotel, I begin to lay out what our plan is for this meeting.

"Okay, so Mr. Nguyen is bringing his wife and son, who will be the future CEO of his company, so I want you to be on your best behavior."

"Yes, dad."

"Shut up."

"We're most likely going to discuss how much money-," I never get to finish my sentence as Sawyer joins us... along with someone else.

Her.

God, are you kidding me?!

I clench my jaw hard, sending daggers at Sawyer's direction as he sits next to Sage, the girl by me. Great, just great.

She's wearing a long yellow dress, pink flowers scattered throughout it. Her hair is flowing over her shoulders.

+++

+++

Again with these clothes. I mean, does she not know how to dress herself in a professional setting? She looks like she's about to go to brunch at the beach.

I am going to kill Sawyer.

And if she ruins this meeting for us... I swear to god.

"Hello, Mr. Sanders." Mr. Nguyen walks in, his wife by his side, their son trailing behind them.

We all stand up to greet them, shaking his hand and hugging his wife, Tracy Nguyen.

We seat ourselves, Mr. Nguyen in front of me, his son beside him, directly in front of her.

I turn my attention to Philip Nguyen, the future CEO of Nguyen Enterprises.

He doesn't look much older than me, with a sharp suit and a defined jawline. But something about him puts me off.

I mean, for one thing, he's going to be given a thriving company in the future without ever lifting a finger.

+++

Philip Nguyen played by Nhan Phúc Vinh

27 years old