pt25. I'm Done

"Never throw the first punch. If you have to throw the second, try to make sure they don't get up for a third." - Brandon Sanderson, Steelheart

+++

Trigger Warning: Domestic abuse, blood

+++

Caden's POV

Silas is unbelievable. Utterly and completely unbelievable.

I feel like a toy, used for his needs and discarded when I don't give him what he wants. Is this how our relationship is going to be? Him ignoring me and then smothering me with kisses to forget his problems.

God, the last three months have been amazing, albeit painful whenever I stay over at his place and pay for the consequences when I get back home, but amazing nonetheless.

We've never really had fights. I mean yeah, before, when I was just his PA, but we're something more now.

I guess it was naïve of me to think that we were this perfect couple. I mean, I don't know much about Silas's past either. But I believed he would share it over time, when we've become closer, if he wants to share it at all.

But, seriously, to ignore me the whole night only to be used to forget whatever squabble he was having with Philip was unbelievable.

I'm not oblivious to the glares he was sending to Philip nor the looks Philip kept glancing at me. But I thought Silas was smart enough to know that I'd never even entertain the idea of being with him.

I want to be with Silas, just him, how does he not get that?

After the bathroom situation, I seated myself and began picking at my food, having lost all my appetite thanks to a certain someone.

"Are you okay?" Philip asked me. I didn't want to talk to him. I didn't want to talk to anyone. But I also didn't want to sabotage the partnership between Sanders Corp and Nguyen Enterprises. "Mhm," I mumbled, hoping he would take the hint that I was not in the mood for talking.

But Philip continued and I contemplated just ignoring him.

But I didn't. I did the complete opposite of that.

Is it because I wanted to form a good relationship and hopefully show Mr. Nguyen that our companies would work cohesively together? Yeah... no.

Is it because I'm petty? Most likely.

I saw the looks Silas gave me and Philip the more we talked and honestly, I could feel the lines on my face ache due to the amount of fake smiles and laughs I had to plaster on for Philip.

But, it worked.

Silas was furious.

Hm, maybe I am evil.

But you know the best part of it all? I did not care.

Okay, maybe a little bit, but for the most part, it serves him right for thinking he can just use me like a toy whenever he likes. I made sure to add salt in the wound when I asked to ride with Sawyer than with him.

I wasn't kidding when I told him that stuff in the bathroom. I refuse to be treated like this anymore. Like a toy, or an object. I've endured that pain long enough. If Silas doesn't get that, then maybe we shouldn't put ourselves in a relationship that is doomed to end.