pt13. Drunken Words

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." - Oscar Wilde

+++

Caden's POV

5 hours ago

"Caden! Come here!"

After just leaving my office, I make my way to Sage, who is just outside his office as well.

Stopping in front of him, I give him a puzzled look as it looks like he's hiding something in his hands.

"I understand that you don't have a phone and since you are our PA, we really need to have easy contact to you so..." Taking out his hands from behind him, he reveals a new iPhone, still in its box.

What!!!

"Um, sir, please, it's really no big deal-"

Since I have a laptop, given to me by the office, I really didn't feel it necessary for me to have a phone, since they can just email me.

But, I will say, I can't hide the excitement of regaining a phone.

Mom and dad gifted me my first one at the start of high school, a small iPhone 6, and I cherished that thing with my whole heart. It contained all the pictures of my family, birthday parties, us going out, me modeling mom's dresses, and some pictures where Cole and I would be on the computer, playing Minecraft.

I loved that thing so much, and it was soul crushing to have to sell it away.

I do still have some printed pictures of me and Cole when were a little, stuffed in the in archives of my apartment, but I would give anything to regain those pictures of mom and dad before they died.

"No, no, this is a requirement. All employees must have a phone."

Silencing me with a stern look, something that I've never seen in Sage before, as he usually is the more goofy brother of the three, I shyly accept the phone.

Looking down, I realize that it's a freaking iPhone X!!!

Now as much as I loved my iPhone 6, this is definitely an upgrade.

"Thank you, sir." He gives me a boyish grin as his gray eyes shine back to me. "Anytime, Wilson."

Squealing like a little girl, I make my way to Izzie's desk, and show her my new phone. "Izzie! Sage just gave me a phone!"

Her eyes widen in excitement but then it quickly turns sour. "No fair! They didn't give us free phones!"

"Give me your number!"

Quickly giving her my phone, she dials her number. I then notice my own phone number and look over the digits, trying to memorize each one.

"Send me your address." Texting her through my phone, I send her my address. "Also, I'm putting you in the group chat."

My mind is already on my outfit for what I'm going to wear for tonight.

I'm not really the party type of gal, never actually having been to a club or bar, if you don't count the stripper joint, but one thing I do know is that nothing in my wardrobe will fit the occasion for tonight, and my mood quickly descends