pt20. As a Friend

"Love people who hate you. Pray for people who have wronged you. It won't change their life... it'll change yours." - Mandy Hale, The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass.

+++

Silas's POV

Damn, this feels good.

I feel good.

When did my bed get this fucking comfortable?

And why does it smell so good?

I didn't change shampoos.

Why is it so soft?

Wait... What the fuck?

Shooting my eyelids up, I wake up to see I'm in my bedroom.

When did I get into my bed?

Last I remember last night was me drinking myself to oblivion. There was a shit ton of alcohol in my system so it's no fucking surprise I don't remember shit from last night.

Finally being aware of my senses, I notice one very, very, VERY obvious thing.

There is a girl in my arms.

No, that's not accurate.

I'm in her arms.

Quite literally. Her arms are wrapped around my shoulders and my head is nestled in the crook of her arm. I finally realize that my face is buried deep into her the side of her neck, so close that I can smell the sweet honey, lemony scent from her hair, or skin. Wherever the fuck it is makes me want to bottle the scent and get drunk on it every night.

Shit, she smells good.

Who the fuck is this girl?

Did I fuck someone last night without knowing?

Probably fucking did. My dumbass was so drunk last night, I probably did a multitude of humiliating things.

I'm not one to do a drunk-sex type of thing but, I mean, if the girl enjoyed it, I can't complain. Even if I don't remember jack shit of it all.

How we got into my penthouse is beyond me. I know for a fact I didn't drive because if I had, I'd be dead right now. That's how fucking drunk I was.

Removing my face from this woman's neck took all my self control because Jesus fuck, she smelled so damn good.

I mean, I know it's an asshole move to not remember the person you slept with but if she feels this soft and smells this good, maybe a repeat could be in order.

And this time, I would be fully sober.

I finally notice that my hand is placed in the base of her neck, my fingers reaching up to caress her jawline.

Is she this soft all over?

"Was it good?" I whisper huskily in her ear.

I'm not sure if my whisper was what woke her up or if she'd been awake this entire time, but what I do know is that women don't usually jump off the bed right when the sun rises.

Guess that was wrong because this mysterious stranger practically jumped off the mattress, quickly removing her legs that were tangled with mine.

I find myself missing the warmth of her body against mine.