pt32. Makeup Wipes

"Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go, but rather learning to start over." - Nicole Sobon, Program 13

+++

Silas's POV 

Present Day

"What happened when she saw you kissing another woman." Dr. Meyers keeps her cool, calm professionalism, but we both know she's full of shit and dying for me to tell her everything. 

"Nothing."

She looks me dead in the eye, as if almost strangling me with her aggressive gaze. "Nothing, Silas?"

I smile at her impatient expression. "Alright fine, something happened." 

+++

Five Days Earlier

"Caden," I say breathlessly. She's looking at me, but she isn't really looking at me. I can tell.

Her eyes are dull, lifeless, and they barely even glanced in my direction. "Ms. Aldridge, your father is looking for you," she states monotone. 

"Thank you, Caden." The woman behind me pops her head out for her to see before her gaze travels to me. "I will see you later, Mr. Sanders." The tone of her voice can make anyone believe what we did was consensual, and I know damn well Caden is thinking the exact same thing. 

But before I even have a chance to utter another word, she's gone. Vanished. 

I walk out of the balcony but it's as if the walls of the room swallowed her whole. Where the hell did she go? 

I check the ladies room but to no avail. Then the kitchen, the dining area, the living room -  nothing

After about 15 minutes of me looking for her, I find myself tired and dejected. Fuck me. She's going to hate me even more than she does now. 

After another five minutes of me visiting the same places I've looked before to hopefully see her there, I just give up. She doesn't want to see me. 

I travel to the third floor, hoping to find a vacant room to leave me to my thoughts. One door to the right of the staircase looks promising. 

And when I open the door, my gaze lands to the woman sitting on the bed, shuddering with tears. 

+++

Caden's POV

Silas. 

Silas is here. Here. Out of all the places he could have been, he had chosen to be here. Under the same roof as me, and kissing another woman at that.

I know I shouldn't feel anything. I shouldn't feel anything for him, but god, my stupid heart just has to bounce all over the place in my ribcage when I saw him standing there, looking as handsome as the last time I saw him. 

But then the blood-curdling anger seeped in when I remember him. Him leaving me in the hospital at my most vulnerable, firing me from my job, and just abandoning me

I hate him. 

I hate him, I hate him, I hate him.