pt17. Cold Rejection

"Sometimes two people have to fall apart to realize how much they need to fall back together." - Anonymous

+++

Caden's POV

"Do I look red," I ask Silas, as I smooth my hands over my dress.

I probably look like a freaking tomato after what just happened.

I just yelled, kissed and cried at the same man in the span of ten minutes. And the worst part is, I liked it.

I liked every bit of it.

Well, maybe not the yelling part but definitely the kissing part.

Silas was surprisingly gentle. He cupped my face as if I was a porcelain doll and when his hands slid to my waist, a million butterflies burst in my belly.

But then his words sunk in. His cruel, mean words and it twisted my stomach.

I don't know how this man could go from being a jerk who called me stupid, to holding my face and kissing my tears away.

I swear, his mood swings are a mystery that no one will ever solve.

I want to kiss him again.

God, do I want to kiss him again. I want him to hold me again. Hold me like no one has ever held me before and tell me sweet things and make me smile and laugh.

What am I saying?

One kiss and I've already gone all lovey dovey.

He'll probably go back to his mean self by tomorrow, and this whole charade will be over.

It's probably the ball. He wants to be all Prince Charming for one night before switching back to the beast.

That was mean.

Whatever, I don't care about his feelings.

Yes, you do.

Shut up.

"No," he replies, not even giving me a glance.

Great, he's already going back to his usual jerky self. At least wait ten minutes after you just freaking kissed me!

Letting out an annoyed huff, I open the door and leave.

Good riddance.

I'm seriously over this man.

Not even ten steps and I'm stopped by a hand grasping my wrist. Great.

He forces me to turn around, and my gaze drops to the floor. I don't want him to know how much he's already affecting me.

"Look at me," he demands.

God, he's ALWAYS demanding things. Like seriously! And he doesn't even say please. Rude.

"Make me," I snap back. I don't know what's gotten into me lately but I am FIRED UP. And I refuse to be treated like trash any longer.

He goes silent and I feel like I've won... Until I look up to see him with a stupid, annoying, frustrating SMIRK.

"I can make you do a lot of things," he says, his face going smug.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I say, crossing my arms. God, he's so full of himself.

"You really want to get into the details?" he drawls on and realization comes over me. My eyes go wide and my lips part slightly.

He lets out a deep rumble in his chest that sends goosebumps all around my arms but I ignore them. I'm already done with this conversation.