pt40. Love Unconditionally

"Caden! Say hiii!" Izzie yells behind a camera. Caden smiles as she gets her makeup done. She's decided on a soft pink glow that accentuates her facial features and matches her dress.

God, her dress. She loved her dress. It was absolutely breathtaking. It was a light pink, off the shoulder gown, with floral lace and flowers roaming the skirt and waistline. Caden had decided on a big wedding gown, because, you know, why not? After everything she had been through, she wanted her wedding to be a night no one would ever forget.

And one that would make her feel like the most beautiful woman in the world. Silas would argue she already was.

"HI!" Caden replies back to the camera.

"What are you doing right now?" Izzie adjusts the camera shakily as she tries to control her excietment.

"Welll, if you must know, I am getting ready for my wedding." Caden laughs as Izzie rolls her eyes. "Can we take a look of the dress?" Izzie asks.

Caden looks at the makeup artist, waiting for her approval. When the artist finally nods, Caden stands up and looks down, taking a good, long look of the most beautiful dress she's ever owned. No offense, mom, Caden thought.

"You look stunning!" Izzie squeals.

Caden felt stunning. she felt amazing at that moment. And she knew that this amazing feeling would last for the rest of her life.

+++

"You nervous?" Sage asks, having walked into the dressing room of his older brother.

Silas looks up from his mirror. "For the wedding, nah. I'm just anxious to see her." Silas was on his toes this morning, anxiously waiting to see his beautiful bride-to-be in her wedding dress. He was already ready for the wedding. He wanted it to start, dammit, just so he could see the love of his life walk down that aisle. See her put a ring on his fingers and vow to spend the rest of their lives together.

He was more than ready. He dreamt of this moment for years. To have someone to love and someone who loved him back. And he had found her.

He'd never let her go. Ever.

"If you need to throw up, aim for that bucket." Sage points to an Office Depot bucket hidden behind a drawer. Silas doesn't look so amused. "You bought a fucking bucket?" he asks incredulously.

Sage looks up innocently at his older brother. "Well yeah, you know, just in case of cold feet and all. I would hate to see her dress get ruined. And man is that a dress." That comment just made him to want to see his wife even more. Sorry, future wife.

What the hell, he's been her wife since he proposed, with or without a wedding. And the legal documentation.

Silas never was a patient man.

"Or, I can just aim the vomit towards you. You will be right next to me, after all. Closer aim distance." Sage looks at Silas, shocked as can be. "You dare!"

Silas smirks. Always so fucking dramatic. "Don't test me."

Sawyer walks in a minute later, looking slightly grumbly that Sage was chosen as his best man and not him. He'll get over it, Silas thought.

"You look dapper," Sage comments, knowing damn well why he's upset. "Shut the hell up, Sage." Maybe more than grumbly.

Silas smiles at Sawyer, not particularly trying to comfort him but kind of comfort him. None of the brothers ever admitted which was their favorite but no words were needed when Silas decided on his best man.