pt36. Spaghetti from Scratch

"Love is not just the words you say to them at that moment but it's also the things you do for them for the rest of your life." - Mohith Agadi

Warning: Mature content

+++

Caden's POV

Saturday, seven o'clock

That was what he said. Well, right now, it's 6:30 and I'm not even dressed. I have torn apart my closet trying to find something decent to wear, something that he'll like, and I've just realized how truly screwed I am.

What do I do??!!

I felt bad having to cancel my date, the date that was supposed to be today. I texted Izzie telling her I found someone interested in me. I just didn't mention the part where it was her boss and my former boss and that she'd kill me if she knew I was going out on a date with him.

To be frank, it would have been so much easier dressing for a complete stranger than Silas. But now... I am totally freaking out!

I haven't seen this man in more than a year, I don't want him to be disappointed in what I give him. As insecure and pathetic as I sound, I can't help the feeling that he'll leave again. He'll take one look at me and decide I'm not worth the trouble.

I am totally and completely screwed.

I hear a rap on my door and mentally curse at myself. Dammit! He's early and I'm not even dressed.

I scurry downstairs and check the peephole, and just as I expected, he's standing there, with a bouquet of flowers and a suit and tie, waiting for me to walk out looking like a model. Instead, I'm wearing a set of Tangled pajamas I got on sale at Burlington.

"Uh- Silas, you're here early." My voice is shaky with nervousness and humiliation.

"Yeah, I wanted to come by early, I couldn't wait for tonight." He's smiling. Dammit, he's smiling. He's excited for tonight and he's going to be brutally disappointed.

"Um-" Dammit! Make an excuse, any excuse not to go. "I don't think I'll be able to make it tonight."

"Why?" HIs mouth forms a small frown but there's worry in his eyes. "Are you okay? Did something happen?"

"Yeah, everything's fine. I just feel- uh, very out of the weather right now. My throat is so streppy and all and my toes are tingling... and stuff. You know, the common symptoms of - PMS?" What the hell am I saying??

"PMS? Um, well I can help you feel better." He immediately pulls out his phone and dials a number I can't see. "Sage, are you busy?"

Sage? Why is he calling Sage? "You are busy? Wow, with a date. Well, too bad. I have an emergency you need to take care of." Even though the phone isn't on speaker phone, I can hear the loud groan produced by his brother. "Yeah, an - investor really needs the items. I'll send you the list, you better fucking do it or I'll lock you in my bathroom. Besides if you don't, I'll tell Sawyer you've had his gay porn collection for months."

He ends the calls and look back at the door. "Will you let me in? I can make you feel better."

I freeze. "Um, I don't think that's a good idea. I am very contagious and vomiting everywhere, you don't want to come near me."

A small chuckle sounds through the door. "Baby, you can have a rash on your entire face and that wouldn't stop me from being there for you. Just let me in, I'll make you feel better."

I sigh. Why is he so sweet? "Um, okay, but just remember, I am very ugly right now so just, I don't know, warn your eyes or something."

"Doubtful," he mumbles quietly.