More Facts About Dae

Name: Lee Dae-ho

Name: Lee Dae-ho

Stage Name: Dae

Detailed Positions: Main Vocalist, Lyricist

Nicknames: Dae, Boy-Next-Door, Gentleman, No Makeup Prince

Ethnicity: Korean

Personality: Since he experienced poverty, his values have hardened because of that. One of which is seeking security, and inclining the traditional ways that would assure stability in life.

With his honesty and directness, one may think he is insensitive.

Habits: sticking his tongue out suddenly, kissing his own knuckles, squints when thinking deeply

Hobbies: arranging songs, writing songs, practicing, watching movies and series, teaching, eventually reading (influenced by friends)

Advocacy and Charities: For Education specifically UNESCO

Family:

Father

"Us being poor did not make my father love me any less

"Us being poor did not make my father love me any less. My mother leaving just made him love me more. So if I am even one bit of a good person, I know that it's because I have him as my dad."

"My dad isn't my Superman but he's my dad and that's far greater for me."

Lee Sikjun was a man of virtue. He was patient, hardworking, and valued the opportunities sent on him. Even the misfortunes. The man worked as a teacher for those who could barely afford school, and the organization he worked with was also small and under budget. So with this, when they lost investors because the big companies opted for schools with bigger names, he lost his job. At this time, he worked for restaurants and became a janitor, not wishing to forgo his responsibility. But nonetheless, his wife had left him and his son.

He loves his wife, even if years pass. She was his childhood best friend, and he never doubted what she could give although I love you were mostly hesitant. But despite the years that passed, of her leaving and taking only herself, he still loved her. Yet he wouldn't take her back because she had hurt his son.

He invested much of his time for his child who he knew had mixed feelings about the mother leaving. He knew the wonders and the thoughts in his mind, and he just waited for Dae to tell him what he wanted his father to hear. He wasn't too strict but wanted to see Dae work hard and appreciate whatever they had.

One of the hardest moments for him was when Dae knew he had to stop school. As a teacher, and as a parent, this was one of the hardest things, to not provide enough. And he cried more as Dae didn't hate him for it. The boy had grown up, and he insisted on having a job. He refused at first, but seeing that his son knew what they had wasn't enough even for a meal, he let him go. Not anticipating at first that his son got several jobs in Seoul, somewhere far away.

He knew the dreams his son harbored. And he knew how realistic Dae came to be, but he never wanted to take away the boy's whole youth. So to hear the boy audition, and get in was something he prayed to whoever for.

He highly appreciates Bang PD for taking care of his son in ways he couldn't provide. He even thought that maybe Dae saw Bang PD more as a father, but his son's words were true and he knew Dae meant it. And he kept it to his heart until he passed away at his son's flight way above the skies they both thought he could soar.

Mother

"She left

"She left. When everything got hard, she chose a way out. She didn't choose me, nor my dad she promised to stay with."

"There's nothing good to say, so just allow me to keep my silence."

She left when poverty hit them. The boy was only twelve years old, and he tried his best to erase her. Because he held grudges, and he couldn't forgo his feelings towards what she has done.

Before, his mother was someone who was out all day. She never went home in time for dinner. She always answered calls when he was sharing stories. And she never replied to his father's love. But she was pretty. She was striking, and he hoped that as striking as she was in her job and visuals. He hoped she would be as striking as a mother. But no.

The boy does not open much about his mother because he knows that he holds no kind words for her.

Close Friends: Seventeen (Specifically: 96 Line, Joshua, and Adonis), Jungwoo (NCT), Kun (WayV), Chanyeol (EXO), Momo (Twice), Jisoo (Blackpink), Yeri (Red Velvet), TXT

Likes: coffee, formal or semi-formal clothes, education, students, study cafes, music

Dislikes: inequality and unfairness (in opportunities), misconceptions, fake news/rumors, betrayal, indifference, unthankfulness (brats in general)

Fears: seen as lazy, and to lose his voice

Songs Outside of His Group:

Stay In My Life (With NCT - School 2017 OST 2017)

Radio Romance (With NCT - Radio Romance OST 2018)

Don't Say Goodbye (With Rocoberry - 2019)

Quotes:

"Let's not take things for granted."

"For all the events that I was chosen to experience, thank you."

"I hold grudges, and I experience the pain for longer than one thinks. Because I don't take it on impact, but feel it every day. In the same amounts, increased the next, decreased, or whatever dosage is taken."

"Say thank you now, because you might not have it when you finally appreciate it."