[I-Land Ep. 7] We Were Once There, So Congratulations For Being Here

When he wakes up, he forgets who he is for a second. His eyes focus on the idea of sunlight and him meeting through his blinds. His mind tries to trick itself into sleeping for a few more minutes but simultaneously pushing him away from that temptation. All these things can happen to an ordinary man. To a simple man. But even if he wants to sink into those ordinary things, he'll remember who he is. And he is Dae, a member of the boy group BTS. Everything comes crashing in with that realization. He can pretend he is one among many. But he cannot reverse and become that man anymore. Yet, he does not mind it, there are just a few grains of salt that come with this. It could never move the scale leaning to the side of its merits though.

Their entrance to I-Land surely highlighted who they were. The reputations that came with their name, as a group, and as individuals. Yet, Dae would tell you that it was easy for them to slip even if years passed. They still bore that child in them that allowed themselves to be amazed by the establishments. Even the transportation, a bit peculiar in form but added to the fantasy element for sure. "Isn't this only for celebrities?" So to fans of theirs who heard this statement from their eldest, they might be going out of their minds. How could they forget they were even way past celebrities? Well, the mind was strange was it not?

The transportation turned and showed them to a new place, one that J-Hope was familiar with. And if only known by fans, even Dae was because he found himself keeping updates with one trainee. Yet instead of admiring the place first, the 96 liner found himself staring at V, who was still seated in the middle even when the members were wandering. "Hyung, we're going to be left behind if this moves." Even if he whined, it had not tinted of annoyance but just curiosity that was answered by surreal joy from his older member. "At least we won't travel alone, Dae. But come on!" Ironic for Taehyung to be the one to drag Dae as if he was taking time. But isn't life full of ironies? And Dae couldn't help slip his amusement in his features because his favorite ironies in life were always intertwined with his members. Just like how his hands were closely interlaced with Taehyung's. Yet hands were easier to let go because the startle from the booming "BTS members" had their part.

While most graced the names, magnets, and pins, Dae couldn't help himself to be stuck at the numbers. The ranks that made others fall into trap doors as eliminations passed. And he was afraid for one boy, a boy that clung to a rank but rarely showed his tight grip on it. "Dae hyung, practice room?" But his stare had been broken by their maknae who only smiled as he lost grip to realization. He almost gave himself away, gave away who he was rooting for. But that was what muscle bunnies were for right? They have the strength to pull you back in reality but also show an adorable allure to make you stay in the present. "Hyung, with your stare people might get the wrong idea. I mean, even someone might get a wrong idea..." And for teasing, of course.

What he did not know is Jungkook made that remark to easily trigger his hyung's running. So that they can hurry in with the others. "Kook!" But he won't get the earful because they'll be in cameras by the time they catch up with others. Wise, bunny, am I right? An intelligent decision, Dae would admit. Most especially Jungkook's knowledge that Dae might forget all about this when he saw the two 95 liners goof around, both of which he holds a soft spot for. But that was where Dae diverted his strategy, making the maknae think he forgot.

 But that was where Dae diverted his strategy, making the maknae think he forgot