Who Called?

Comments of violence were said around the room, emitting such a noise yet comfort to the four. But despite this blaring atmosphere under low lights, his question cut clear. A question always asked to their Dae, and he always gives an answer so ordinary. Not out of place, and widely accepted.

"Who called?"

But only if they knew, they would have not had reassuring smiles. Perhaps, his phone won't be hers to call anymore if they knew then.

The phone was not something of much value to him. The man was rather detached to this device, his fingers still a stranger to the swipe. Only the ring of green would let him cling to it like a temporary lifeline. Speed suddenly uplifting the soles of his feet at the familiar tune, a song unreleased but made for him by Yoongi. Only, it wasn't a ringtone for the man who made it. Its words were more intertwined with another relationship of his. And for a long time, the melody only brought smiles from beginning to end of call's duration.

A question had arisen then, two words graced with a question mark phrased. And for a second, his features that chilled over experiences of tragedy and diligence would thaw. Her name would always be the reason, and it was said with the most loving falsetto in him. A girl important to his foundation of trust. One they meet over and over again, loving her more and more, as his newfound sister. Or so they thought.

-----

A new home, more furnished than the last. Its floors spoke of luxury, housing the ever talented boys of this universe. Its windows allowed natural spotlights, yet gave privacy to them. And yes, the home changed, better than the last. Yet it housed the same heroes, only recognized unlike in the past.

"Dae, you should invite your noona. Have dinner with us, afterall, our space can house more people for dinner." It was the eldest who asked. His mind ran dish per dish, as if a menu was being embedded. The offer being the dominating theme for what he was about to ______. Because his ice prince had a few people close to his heart, and it was about time they met one another. Seokjin knew though that his suggestion might be turned down. The divide between the younger boy's life was apparent for years, and managed well. So why would he break down the barrier now?

But surprises and firsts do happen. "That would be great, hyung." The voice was clipped in reply, but there were a few honey coated thoughts behind this. Many that would go unvoiced, but a few spoken out loud. And at his yes, orders from their hyung had been charged out. Who could blame him for preparing now though when a buffet was his menu?

She had won him over when she complimented their home and the dinner he prepared

She had won him over when she complimented their home and the dinner he prepared. "How old are you, Rae noona?" If he was just near their maknae, he would've smacked the back of his head. But he was too far, and the girl had lightheartedly laughed, and answered with no care. A reply that came to shock for all boys, not because of the age gap. But because of how it was the same to the man who Dae loved most out of the seven. "1993, I was born then. So a few years older." Mirae was as old as Yoongi, and had caught Dae's heart in the same intensity. Unknowingly, in the same shade of love as well.