Why Are You Shaming Me For Being Poor In The Past?

If he took the path he thought he was destined for, Dae would still be counting money and the number of days to make up for the cost of a trip. He'd take a few extra hours, and eat fewer meals to go through with his consideration. Yet, here he was in a hotel with a price he won't read into. In a country he never dared to plan for before, but also a place his group had broken the barriers of. The bigger things in the past that restricted his every move were no worries anymore. And it was all made possible because of his participation in a group that dared to act on their desires. It had given him beyond the what-ifs of the younger him.

At the same time, when they broke through barriers, it allowed more people to venture into them. Instead of them begging to be heard, their doors were knocked on and people asked to see beyond the name they had. Instead of asking what is BTS? A question that used to have dark sinister humor beneath it, one that held doubt for their existence. It now was, who is BTS? People could no longer be ignorant about them because they were everywhere if one could phrase it simply. On the radio, it was inevitable to hear their sound. Across a crowd, one was sure to be thinking about them. Sometimes, they were boldly written across you, in bold headlines and morning news. This change and shift, because of the intense breakthrough, brought blessings to the boy group. It didn't lessen the weight of being an artist, but now instead of people laughing and joking about if they even carried such a weight, it was recognized. No one is able to deny their existence, their legacy. Although, this recognition in an environment inhabited by people, it wasn't all too bright.

They could make a change, but change within each individual was a responsibility bestowed to each person. Disappointingly, not everyone wanted to accept the change and rather clung to outdated ideals. Morals and respect weren't outdated, they were just overshadowed. Overshadowed by the outdated ideals that were at the core of selfishness and pride. That's why even if they smiled and answered every question tossed by people who wanted to label themselves as journalists although, in truth they are not, they experienced hardships. There was, there is, and there will be racism. There were jests that attacked their dignity. There is disrespect. Yet, yes, there were people genuinely interested and that was worth the pain of answering unoriginal questions. Harsh words? But, it was how Dae viewed all these events. Most especially with hate trending his name online.

More people wanted to know them, but many do not know the difference between getting to know and prying. Yet, he accepted this reality. He was a name exposed to everyone, and it was bound for his name to have its own history underneath. But he did not understand why people acted as if they had the right to rewrite his history or judge it. And this frustration had led him to curse out loud as he tried to tear through his soul. Trying to find calm while being attacked, but this did not surface. Only his rage and anger could be felt through. "I'm so close to praying to whoever they believe in to punish them with as much hate as they possess in their souls and limited capacity brain!" And his members were witnesses to the ice melting, and possibly drowning all the understanding left in him. His words that were usually sharp and prone to scar, were now finding ways to be the very kryptonite to all he speaks against.

Me Only

@proudmanhere

Just found out about Dae of BTS, he was poor before lol. Why is he on my computer screen now tho?

Beuuuu

@beuTALENT

What's a tutor doing there performing with artists? Dae of BTS why you here?

07seven?

@bornTocritic

Lol Dae of BTS can't even afford to go to America yet he's here on a free ride. Is he substituting for a sick member?