The Dreams He Wished Upon A Star (Recruitment Story)

What's there to lose? Is there something when people claim you have nothing? That's the thing, there always is something to lose. The last thing to take away from one is either their life or their identity. And did he wish to risk that? Barter for a dream that was just upon a star...

His voice was taken away by himself. What was unique to him was now a voice of another's as he becomes a ghost for a bit of cash in hopes he won't be translucent from hunger the next day. His soul that was once filled with passion ready to be pursued, is a soul ready to be patient and accept whatever's left. The scraps if meant for him then let it be. But sometimes the flame ignites with the right words from the right people, and he tries again.

"I'm Lee Dae-ho, and I'll be singing SHINEE's In My Room." Twice he said that for one purpose, but back when he was still younger he wished to say it over and over. But twice is even far too much, an impulse for desire and change. But who cares, he thought. It was upon a star that many would pray at, so what's the possibility it would grant his wish?

Oh Daeho, if his young heart, that was forced to be stronger than the beats it could take per minute, could just listen for a moment. Without the percussion of pressure, then he would've known that it was a star for him that night.

"Dae! The phone's for you, and I think you have a message on our company phone."

The young boy who was preparing a coffee had almost lost concentration

The young boy who was preparing a coffee had almost lost concentration. Before he would allow himself to look at the almosts but learned that most of the time it only brought a longing for nonexistent things, no time to waste for those things. "Ah noona, no one is calling for me. And I have this order to finish---" But the older girl had already swiped the cup away from him. No-spill because after all, she was the coffee barista goddess in there. The girl didn't even have to tell him anything for her raised eyebrow told him as much. He didn't want to argue with her because she might send him to rest early, then no overtime pay.

So he hurriedly went at the back, passing by his hyungs and noonas who were pushing him to go even faster. And he would've swatted their hands away if he wasn't also panicked. 'Did something happen to appa? He's the only one who calls.'

"Hello, I'm Lee Daeho. What do you need of me?" The younger boy didn't mean to sound mean, but directedness could lead conversations to stop stalling. And as he sees the clock, its arms nearing an hour that implied more customers. Student after class hour, a need for all hands at the deck, and no matter how cold he seems to be, his heart would never wish for the people who took him in to be turned away from his help.

"Hello, Lee Daeho. I am a representative of SM Entertainment. We wish to inform you that you have passed your audition and maybe an SM trainee. If you accept, we expect you to transfer to the dorm immediately in a week, and start your training."

Straight to the point, how he preferred conversations to be. Yet the representative's news had not been his expectations. First, it was SM Entertainment who called. Entertainment with a standard in the sky that held all to the judgment of their kingdom on the clouds. Second, he had been accepted to be a trainee. The wish granted but oh little star, he feels sorry because a yes or no in acceptance is not the sole factor of his reply. It was only a small percentage because his dream wasn't a priority on his list. The first was money to survive, the second was not to worry his father who was also trying his best to make ends meet, the third is to go back studying, and many more before his heart to be happy.