Relationship with: Closest Idol Friends

Jungwoo

These two boys are aesthetically opposites

These two boys are aesthetically opposites. But it complements the other really well, bringing out another side to their personality that only they can do (besides their own members.) Dae isn't that vocal about his friendships outside of his members but somehow Jungwoo is one of the exceptions. Being the first one Dae allowed himself to be tagged online.

The younger boy revealed that there are times that Dae spaces out when they spend time together. And that he copies Dae's antics to snap the older boy from his mind. He would go as far as copying facial expressions, table mannerisms, and the like. The only thing he couldn't do is copy his voice because as the boy states, "Dae hyung's voice is too heavenly for me to mimic. I might be threatened by the gods."

With them being at separate companies, and having some fans that are competitive, their friendship does have to say "quiet" relatively. As much as they want to stand up for the other, it is a risk both are not allowed to take. But it doesn't lessen the support they give in closed doors.

Chanyeol

"We know people can't believe it but I'm (Chanyeol speaking) the older one biologically

"We know people can't believe it but I'm (Chanyeol speaking) the older one biologically."

These two are another pair that have contrasting images in their groups but get along really well. Both met while Dae had to pick up something from SM and had to ask directions for the elevator. It was the year wherein the competition between the two groups was tight, and Dae knowing this wore a mask to SM. Not wanting any news to spread.

Although with this knowledge, Chanyeol was curious about the member. So when he saw Dae asking the front for directions, he impulsively volunteered to show the way. Making Dae stare at him (which Chanyeol admitted had scared him a bit) but nodded in gratitude. It was their first encounter, but it wasn't the start of friendship immediately. Rather the first encounter started others, which eventually made them comfortable to say hello. Chanyeol started the conversation (as he did search it and realized he was four years older than the boy.)

There was this time wherein a fan started rumors, lies, and hate towards Dae on Twitter. Stating how he could not belong in BTS and many other things such as being compared to other idols. Some of the people he was compared to were his own members' Jimin and Jungkook, and Chanyeol. Upon reading the article, the older boy immediately reached out to the younger boy to ask if he was okay.