Twenty Eight

*Hello readers sorry for the long wait. There was a death in the family back in March and it was very shocking and unexpected so I have taken some time to myself for a few weeks. I'm back now and hope to produce more chapters to make up for my two-month absence. Hope everyone is staying safe.

- LunaMoon 5/16/21

(Original  Author's note 3/4/21) Hello readers! With Out of the Woods coming to an end soon, I am here to officially announce book four's title! It will be called "Into The Light" inspired by @Caramelyfox 's comment "Into The Sunlight". Thank you for commenting, because I would have never thought of a title as fitting and amazing as this one!

I hope you enjoy this chapter! Remember to vote and comment, it is always appreciated!

Until next time!*

-LunaMoon

Magnus carries Ambrose out onto their balcony, setting him down on one of the wooden chairs. He was reluctant to let go of his mate, afraid he would have another fit of terror. But he'd asked to be alone and Magnus wanted to respect his space. 

It was cold outside like it always was. But the Northern Wind blowing through the kingdom made the frosty bite of the air a tad bit worse. The air smelt of snow and pine, a hint of smokiness floating in from the town, the people gathering at night in front of fires to keep warm. 

He had no idea why Ambrose would want to sit outside in this weather. But he insisted on being brought out to the balcony, something about wanting fresh air. 

Magnus grabs a thick blanket from their bedchamber, wrapping it around Ambrose so he wouldn't catch a cold sitting outside. He had no wolf to protect him now, his immune system as feeble as a human's.

 He rubs along Ambrose's shoulders, the gentle friction causing the area to warm. He keeps on rubbing, noticing how Ambrose's face relaxes, a soft smile grazing his lips. He loved to see Ambrose smile, it was nice seeing an emotion other than the usual fear or anger that marred his delicate features.

Magnus felt like a terrible mate. All this time Ambrose was suffering and he was too blind to see that, all of his attention going to Senna. She wasn't even his own pup, to begin with. He was foolish for letting Senna into his heart so quickly. He couldn't help it though. The thought of Ambrose having his pups made his heart swell. So it wasn't any surprise that Magnus had attached himself to this pup so suddenly. 

He longed to see Senna one last time before she left the palace. But he wasn't sure that Ambrose would like it all that much. His mate was his priority now and he couldn't let himself stray. Especially after all that Ambrose had been through in the past few months. 

He couldn't believe that he didn't think of a plan to help Ambrose. He knew better than to sit around while his mate was suffering. It was all his fault, Ambrose had been suffering because Magnus couldn't speak up about his abuse. 

It must've hurt Ambrose to know how much Magnus loved his daughter. To see how he held Senna with such care while he was suffering in silence. Goddess, Magnus couldn't stop messing everything up!

Ambrose decided where Senna was going to stay while she grew up. When presented with the idea, King Bowyn had outright refused. But once explained, he had no choice but to agree. 

Magnus still wasn't convinced that where they were sending Senna was a good idea. But if Ambrose was positive that it was safe, they would have to take his word for it. Ambrose was set to deliver the pup himself, which made Magnus worry greatly. 

Out Of The WoodsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara