Thirty

*Hello readers! I am back with a new chapter! There will be around six more chapters to this story including the epilogue! This chapter is a slight filler, but needs to be here to transition to the next chapter! I hope you enjoy it! The next chapter will be extra special! Remember to vote and comment, it is much appreciated!*

Bowyn wakes early in the morning, pulled out of his sleep by the feel of a small body curling around his own. He smiles, Tabari's sweet scent invading his nose. Gentle hands caress his sides, pulling him out of his sleepy haze. 

"Good morning, Darling," Bowyn murmurs, the deep timbre of his voice making Tabari shudder. Bowyn smoothes a hand over the small of Tabari's back, making the omega arch into him. 

"Mm, good morning," Tabari hums, nudging Bowyn's thighs apart with his knee so he could slip a leg between them. He curls impossibly closer to his mate, basking in the warmth he gave off. 

"We should get up soon,"  Bowyn comments, though he tugs Tabari to his chest, resting his chin atop his omega's head. The silken tendrils of hair tickling his skin. "The Duke of Rinei has requested an audience this afternoon. It would be best to prepare in advance. He says it is urgent."

Tabari hums in response, nuzzling further into Bowyn's chest. Bowyn begins to unravel from their tangled forms, causing Tabari to mewl, tightening his grip on his mate. 

"...Don't wanna get up," Tabari whines, tugging Bowyn back into their bed. He knew that Bowyn would never forcefully push him away. He used that knowledge to his advantage, yanking the quilts over their bodies, wrapping himself around Bowyn once again. 

"Tabari, you are a grown man, stop acting like a child," Bowyn warns, making Tabari huff in annoyance. "You are the Queen, and I, the King. We must hold ourselves to a-," 

"Hush, I want to go back to sleep," Tabari interrupts. He makes a show of squeezing his eyes shut, rubbing against the mattress to find a comfortable position. 

Tabari is startled when a pair of lips press against his own. He mews in delight, arching into the kiss. Bowyn wraps his arms around Tabari, lifting him onto his lap. He deepens the kiss, tongue swiping across his bottom lip. The action makes Tabari gasp, allowing Bowyn's tongue to slip into the omega's mouth. 

Tabari suddenly bites down. Not hard enough to draw blood, but enough for Bowyn to howl in pain, turning his head away. 

"I told you I absolutely despise when you do that," Tabari whines, fully awake at that moment. He crosses his arms over his chest, feigning anger and disappointment.  

Bowyn knew the action made Tabari's skin crawl. Which is why he did it. But he didn't expect his mate to savagely bite down on his poor tongue. 

With his above-average healing, the pain in his tongue numbed to a dull throb in no time. Bowyn couldn't help the chuckle that forced itself from his body. 

"You... bit my tongue," Bowyn remarks, breaking out into a fit of laughter. 

Tabari smiles nervously, not yet knowing if Bowyn was upset or amused by the situation. Either way, it was good to see the man laugh. Bowyn's smiles were few and were reserved for his family. It was even rarer to see him laugh so openly. The action made Tabari's heart pound in his chest and his cheeks flush. 

Bowyn was so handsome when he smiled. His deep hazel eyes crinkled at the corners. His lips stretched so beautifully into a wide smile, showing off his pearly teeth. His hair, as dark as the night sky, was tousled from sleep. His mate was truly a sight to behold. Tabari hardens, the unexpected action making his cheeks burst with even more color.