Twenty Nine

*Hello readers! Here's an extra-long chapter today, over 6,000 words! I'm hoping that I've tied up any loose ends that have occurred so far in the story. I will try to get out one or two more chapters by the end of next week!

I hope you enjoy and remember to vote and comment, it is much appreciated!

Until next time!*

-LunaMoon

Ambrose wakes to a hand brushing gently across his forehead, pushing his hair off of his face. He opens his eyes, blinking through the hazy blur as he gains consciousness. The first thing he notices is the absence of his mother. He craved to be around his parents more, missing the way they held him and made him feel safe. So when he reaches out for his mother, only to find an empty space beside him, he whimpers, tears springing to his eyes.

He lets out a soft whine, holding back more that threatened to escape his lips. The hand caressing him moves downwards, cupping the back of his neck in a gentle hold. When cupping the back of an omega's neck it would make them submit and sink into a calm state. If forced, they would squirm and become uncomfortable, often thrown into a state of distress. Luckily the action calmed the omega, his tears ceasing and his body going limp.

Ambrose gathers himself, taking deep breaths to steady his racing heart. His eyes finally focus on Magnus who was sitting beside him, eyes filled with worry.

"Your mother came to find me late last night," Magnus says, continuing to stroke the back of his omega's neck. "He said you were running a fever and wouldn't wake up. The palace doctor said it was nothing more than a fever and we shouldn't worry. You're still warm, but it is much better than last night. How are you feeling?"

Ambrose's mind was still foggy, the feel of Magnus's large hand caressing the back of his neck made him almost purr in content. He felt so warm and cozy all of a sudden that he could have fallen back asleep at that moment. If only Magnus would stop pestering him for an answer.

"Rose?"

"I have to pee," Ambrose suddenly says, ignoring Magnus's question.

"Ambrose, I asked-,"

"I need to pee! Take me to the washroom," Ambrose interjects, reaching out towards Magnus, tugging on his arm.

"Alright," Magnus sighs, hoisting Ambrose into a sitting position. His head lolls to the side, coming to rest on Magnus's shoulder. "But first let me change the bandages around your ankles. I need to put more healing cream on them."

Ambrose reluctantly retracts his feet from underneath the covers, laying them across Magnus's lap. Magnus reaches for the new wrappings and cream from the bedside table, placing them next to him as he carefully unwraps the old, bloodstained bandages.

Magnus's eyes widen in shock as he removes the last of the bandages only to discover that Ambrose's wounds had completely healed over. Not only were there no signs of damage to the outer layer of skin, but it looked like the internal structure was back to the way it was before Johnathan slashed it to bits.

"Ambrose, your feet-," Magnus inhales sharply, turning Ambrose's foot every which way to examine them. He couldn't have been seeing right. Just yesterday his wounds were still gaping open, filled with blood and pus, showing no signs of healing. Now it looked like he'd never been touched.

Ambrose groans, holding his stomach as his bladder ached. He really had to pee. He knew how bad his feet looked, so he didn't know why Magnus was making such a fuss over it. He was getting impatient, hating that he now had to rely on someone to do something as simple as helping him to the washroom.