Eleven

Ambrose lay in bed, staring up at the ceiling blankly. His eyes glistening with unshed tears. He had woken up hours ago, not being able to move or speak.

He thought that being choked half to death by Johnathan was the most painful thing he had to endure in his life. But this... this was so much worse.

He lost his virginity to Johnathan. Something that he dreamt about in the past. He pictured it would be a special moment for them. But instead, his night was filled with an agonizing pain that spread throughout his entire being.

Ambrose felt nauseous. A rolling sickness filled his belly, making his body jolt every so often. He gagged at the feel of bile creeping up his esophagus.

Johnathan left the bedchamber minutes before, failing to notice that Ambrose was awake as well. Ambrose was glad that Johnathan left. He didn't want to face the man who raped him.

But... Johnathan hadn't raped him, not really. Ambrose agreed to it, after all. He allowed it to happen.

Ambrose couldn't feel his wolf any longer. He was seemingly pushed to the back of his mind, stuck in a deep slumber.

Ambrose attempted to reach out to his wolf multiple times but he couldn't get a connection through. He was worried about his wolf, praying that he wasn't going to stay asleep forever.

With his wolf out of commission, his healing was delayed greatly. Making his recovery much more difficult than it should have been.

Ambrose had to move. He had to do something! He couldn't just sit there any longer. He had to get back home. Where he could be free from Johnathan even if it was only for a few hours. A few minutes, even. Any time spent away from Johnathan would be a blessing.

Ambrose sighs, grabbing hold of the bed frame. He gasps in pain as he pulls himself into a sitting position. A sharp prick travels up his spine, his backside aching with each careful movement.

He takes a deep breathe through his nose, letting it out from his mouth. His head was spinning with the effort, making his eyes flutter shut.

Ambrose stiffens as the sound of a door creaking open reaches his ears. His eyes open, meeting Johnathan's cold blue ones.

Johnathan stood in the doorway, holding onto a large metal tray. There were five bowls and two drinking mugs on the tray. Ambrose could smell the faint scent of soup. The aroma of the rich broth, meat, and vegetables making his stomach growl and his mouth water.

He assumed it was the next day, meaning that he hadn't eaten anything since the middle of the previous day. He wanted to eat so badly, but he still couldn't trust Johnathan.

"Good afternoon, darling," Johnathan says, smiling at the young prince.

"Do not act as if we are still a happy couple," Ambrose rasps out, glaring at the older man.

Johnathan's eyes harden, his smile disappearing from his face. He walks towards Ambrose, placing the tray of food in front of him.

"Eat," Johnathan demands, climbing into bed beside him.

Ambrose glares at the tray, fighting the urge to eat. His stomach rolls with hunger, the feeling almost unbearable.

There were two bowls of soup, steam rising from them. Two other bowls were filled with an assortment of fruits. The fifth bowl contained small candies that smelled of licorice root.

Ambrose glanced over at Johnathan, wary of the man. What was he planning?

"Do not look at me like that," Johnathan rolls his eyes. "It is not like I poisoned the food. Now eat, before I force it down your throat."