Prologue

Fourteen year old Ambrose giggles as his younger siblings chase him through the palace hallways. His sister Bella, age twelve, running ahead of Ambrose, coming to a stop at the end of the long hallway. His eight year old brother Daylen and twelve year old brother Soren were hot on his trail, close to grabbing the trim of his loosely hung robes. 

Four year old River was situated in Ambrose's arms, squealing as Ambrose increases his speed before sliding underneath Bella's parted legs, successfully making it to the end of the hallway.

River yelps happily as he grabs ahold of the small piece of cloth that hung across an unlit candelabra. Signifying an end to her another game of Capture The Kingdom.

"I win again," Ambrose cheers, tossing River into the air and catching him, pressing kisses to his cheek. "We won, River!"

"Bella," Ambrose hears Daylen whine behind him. "You were supposed to tag him! Now he earns more points!"

Ambrose laughs, turning to walk back down the way he came. Only to bump into a firm body. His eyes slowly travel upward, meeting the eyes of his servant.

Magnus.

"Hello, Magnus," Ambrose clears his throat, avoiding eye contact with the large Fae. "What brings you here today?"

Ambrose knew exactly why he was here.

Magnus was tasked with dressing Ambrose for a special event that was taking place in his father's dining area. But Ambrose, not wanting to go, was making things hard for the Fae. Playing games that involved running and hiding so Magnus could not find him.

In reality, Magnus could use his powers to locate the wolf. But he chose not to, knowing that it would further irritate his young master.

"Master Ambrose," Magnus says sternly. Ambrose whimpers, letting River slide onto the floor. He watches as River scurries away to go play with his other siblings.

"But I don't wanna go," he whines, falling dramatically into Magnus' chest. Magnus lifts the boy into his arms, carrying Ambrose back to his bedchamber.

Ambrose's father Bowyn had invited a few Nobles over for a dinner to discuss what Kings usually discussed with his Nobles. Ambrose wanted no part of it, arguing that if anyone should go it should be Soren. He was his father's successor after all.

But Bowyn ordered his son as well as his his mother Tabari to join him and his Nobles. One of the newer Nobles, Lord Henry, has never seen an omega before.

Lord Henry, his wife, and their three children had gotten permission to travel the world in search of new customs and materials to bring back to the kingdom many years ago. Now that they were coming back to the kingdom, they were being introduced to the newer laws set by Bowyn that allowed equal rights to omegas.

Henry, accompanied by his wife Marie and their eldest child were going to be present at the dinner. They were excited to meet Ambrose and Tabari, never having the chance to gaze upon an omega.

Ambrose pouts as Magnus undressed him, slipping on the colorful traditional robes for the event. Magnus places Ambrose's small crown atop his head, smoothing out his blonde hair.

Ambrose raises his bright hazel eyes to meet the leafy green ones of his servant.

Magnus was handsome.

It was something that Ambrose could not deny.

His long white hair cascaded in perfectly straight strands all the way down his body. His features were chiseled, his porcelain skin without a single blemish.