Nine

Ambrose walked down the hallway leading to his bedchamber, Johnathan by his side. He had spent a good portion of the day with Johnathan and his parents, Bowyn going over the basic training schedule for Johnathan when he becomes eligible for spot as king.

Ambrose was glad that he wasn't left alone with Johnathan during the day. He felt less anxious, being around his father. But now that it was nearing the time that everyone retired to their bedchambers, his anxiety skyrocketed.

He didn't know what Johnathan would do to him when they were left alone. He didn't want to think about what he would do to him.

Johnathan demanded that Ambrose order Magnus to sleep in another room, making sure that he was the only one in the room with Ambrose.

Ambrose was shaking, his legs wobbling as he approached the door to his bedchamber. Would Johnathan hit him again? Would he touch him?

Unpleasant shivers travel down his spine as Johnathan places a hand at the small of his back.

"We should complete our mating tonight," Johnathan says, making Ambrose's heart momentarily stop beating. His worst fears becoming a reality.

"What?"

"We should complete our mating. We already look suspicious enough, not living together. We should mate in order to keep up our appearance."

Ambrose didn't want to mate with Johnathan. He wanted to save his virginity, keep it intact for as long as he could.

He also didn't want his true mate to feel pain through their weak bond. As mating with another would cause a sharp pain to enter both their hearts as long as the other was sleeping with their partner.

But even if he refused Johnathan, what's stopping the man from forcing himself onto Ambrose? He was larger and stronger. Ambrose was an omega. Thin and weak. Unable to defend himself.

"What will happen if I refuse," Ambrose murmurs, his voice soft and breathy. He clasps his hands in front of him, willing them to cease shaking.

"Then I suppose your first time will hurt more than necessary," Johnathan shrugs, making Ambrose inhale sharply.

Ambrose takes a step back, wanting nothing more than to run. His breathing escalated, his chest heaving.

This couldn't be how it happened. He was supposed to want this. Johnathan was supposed to be kind and loving. He didn't want to hurt, and if he stayed he would surely be injured.

Then another thought occurs. Ambrose could get pregnant.

Omegas gained the ability to conceive a child after they found their mate. Ambrose didn't meet his mate, but he was in their presence. Which meant as soon as his wolf smelt their mate, he began forming the proper organs to produce a pup.

Ambrose was seconds away from bursting into tears. His body shook violently, legs threatening to collapse under him as Johnathan grabbed ahold of his delicate hand.

Johnathan turns the knob to the door to Ambrose's bedchamber, gesturing for the young prince to step inside.

Just as he is about to enter the room, a small voice calls out to him from the opposite side of the hallway.

Ambrose turns to find his four little siblings standing together. Smiling as they rush towards him and Johnathan.

"Ambrose," his six year old brother River squeals, leaping into his arms. Ambrose just barely catches the boy, awkwardly holding him in his arms.

It had been a while since he had spent time with his younger siblings. Caught up in preparations for his coming of age ball among other things.

He missed his little brothers and sister, wanting nothing more than to be with them. To play together and laugh and have fun. He loved them so much.