luke | familiar face

▪▪▪

o. Luke finds a familiar looking face in the home of his ex-bandmate.

warnings: angst, sad Luke, mentions of death and moving on

a-n: this is kinda a prequel to See You Again. So you don't need to read that one first if you don't want to.

The deceased Sunset Curve boys poofed out of the Molina's studio, and into the hall of Trevor Wilson's luxurious mansion. Fury was bubbling in the pit of their stomachs as they glanced around the surrounding area. If possible, they were blinded by rage after realising their former bandmate's betrayal. Luke being the angriest, considering it was his songs which had been stolen. His songs which had been taken from him. His songs which were not credited after their passing, the very thing which he'd put his heart and soul into writing. This was why they now stood inside the modern home belonging to Trevor, hands clenched together into fists as they stopped in their spots at how big the place was.

The boys allowed their eyes to roam around the room, taking in any detail they could. Awards sat stacked onto shelves, records lined the walls each with a smaller inscription underneath saying the name of the songs. Proof of the songs he'd stolen from the band, he'd once been a part of. Even framed portraits hung up, showcasing some of the sold-out shows he's played. This could have been them. It could have been them, winning awards, getting platinum records and just sharing their music worldwide. The sound of the front door slamming shut was heard through the house, as the very person they were here to haunt stormed in. A pair of dark sunglasses still situated over his eyes as he came in.

This caught the attention of the ghostly boys inside, near the staircase. As they now snapped their heads in the direction of the sound. Piercing glares fell onto form on their features as they stared daggers at Trevor, the male himself having not seen them obviously. Trevor muttered something out, along the lines of 'meditating' to his family and jogged carefully upstairs. Unaware of the presence of Luke, Alex and Reggie stood near him, as he soon ripped the sunglasses off of his head finally. Luke adjusted the collar of his jacket, and began making his way up the stairwell, Reggie and Alex slowly following behind him. They desperately wanted their revenge.

Eventually, the ghosts walked along the upstairs hallways of the mansion, their gazes glancing in and out of different rooms to find where Trevor was located currently. They were honestly quite thankful that they were dead right now. Considering that if they were alive they would have been heard and kicked out, possibly even threatened to call the cops on. But, they weren't. The boys made it to the last room in the hall, to what they'd assumed was the master bedroom. As there was a fairly large, queen bed in the middle of the room. A window which led out to look at the remaining street, and a connected ensuite and walk-in-closet. Yet, as they stood in there now, they still could see no sign of the man they'd come here for.

Letting out an angry sigh of sorts, the boys were just about to poof back into the hallway again. When Alex felt an uncomfortable feeling flood through his body, one which could only be identified as someone walking through him. He shivered, but looked up confused at who'd just gone through himself. Managing a shared look with his bandmates, who were also in a similar state of confusion as him. They looked around the remaining hallway and bedroom, searching for the being. Hoping it was Trevor, so they could just get their haunting over with. But it wasn't. Instead, standing a little further away from them, a filled laundry basket of clothes in their hands was the suspect. The woman appeared to have h/c hair which flowed down past her shoulders, beautiful s/c skin and e/c eyes. And for someone who was in their early 40s and with a couple wrinkles, they were pretty.

Luke let out a slight gasp suddenly, as if the appearance triggered a memory in his head. He stared at the woman in front of them now, realising why he was getting a slight sense of familiarity from her. If he wasn't dead, his heart probably would have shattered in his chest or completely stopped at the sight. It was Y/n. His Y/n. Another load of betrayal washed over him, not only because his songs were stolen. But because, Bobby...or Trevor, honestly he still didn't know what to call him now, but he had the audacity to steal his girlfriend. He felt as if his legs would give out at any moment, but they didn't as soon he'd poofed back to the studio so suddenly he left Alex and Reggie, still standing in the hallway of their now-enemy's home. Screw revenge on Bobby, he'd get what was coming to him soon. But for now, he needed to focus on processing what he'd just seen. He wanted to focus on the millions of thoughts which were flooding into his head right then.

Luke, paced back and forth in the studio again. He looked like he was mumbling random things under his breath, trying to come to terms with the large amount of betrayal he was suddenly feeling. Having not only one, but two things stolen from him since he had died. It felt like too much to take in for one day, now that they had returned from that dark room. He soon felt himself slipping into a memory.

Y/n sat beside him, her head rested on his shoulder slightly as she watched him write or cross out new lyrics in the journal on his lap. She always enjoyed listening to him mumble different phrases underneath his breath, as he thought of new songs for the band. She liked just sitting in silence with him, admiring how he'd chew his lip carefully when he was writing. Whereas Luke just liked the comfort of his girlfriend he got, whenever he'd be writing a new song and he liked hanging around her during this time. With it just being them, and no bandmates to interrupt them with other things. She was the only person he'd ever allowed to read his new songs as he was writing. As he liked receiving feedback from her, despite if she knew much about songwriting or not.

They sat there, like that for a few more minutes, on the girl's living room couch, since her parents had gone out for the day. Till Luke decided to place his song notebook onto the coffee table in front of them. He would finish it later, before he adjusted his position on how he was seated and threw an arm over the h/c's shoulders, wanting to just spend time with the girl who he loved. Y/n managed to snuggle into his side, her free hand grabbed the tv remote from the side of the small table before them and she flicked the tv on to a random channel. She couldn't help but let a smile slip onto her features, as she watched the scenes unfold on the screen. A similar smile now on Luke's face too.

"I love you, Luke" She muttered to him, briefly glancing up and locking her eyes up onto his for a moment. Luke was taken aback for a moment at the words, as they had never said the words to each other yet. Yet, he knew that she was telling the truth, as he saw all the love filled in her beautiful e/c eyes he always managed to get lost in. So he had no problem, when he decided to say it back with the same amount of passion and love in her she'd used before.

"I love you too"

Luke felt like screaming, so he did. He was furious with all the betrayal that had taken place in his system now. He was furious that because of his stupid decision to eat those hotdogs with his Alex and Reggie, it could have been him. Him in the position of Trevor. But it wasn't, it wasn't him being told those words anymore. He would never get to hold her again, never be able to feel the warmth of her hugs when he needed the comfort, and he would never even be able to look into her eyes anymore. Without knowing that Y/n is no longer his anymore. And with those last thoughts, Luke finally felt himself fall to the ground. A pure look of heartbreak had now fallen onto his features, although he could feel the betrayal flowing through him.

❤