peter parker | operation: mistletoe

▪▪▪

o. PETER'S NEVER BEEN KISSED. BUT READER IS DETERMINED TO CHANGE THAT WITH SOME MISTLETOE.

warnings: nope

word count: 777 words.

a-n: Here's something short and sweet, since its nearly Christmas.

▪▪▪

I poked around at the food on my lunch tray, while I was engaged in a conversation about our Christmas holiday plans with my two best friends, Peter Parker and Ned Leeds. We continued to discuss these plans, before the topic shifted to first kisses for some odd reason.

"Wait. So Peter, you've never been kissed?" Ned questioned in sort of shock. "Like never?"

The brown-haired boy in question just rolled his eyes, a light pink dust spread across his cheeks quickly before shaking his head in response to the male beside him. I managed to zone out for the rest of the conversation the two boys were having. As I tried to focus my mind onto my own thoughts. A plan which had began forming in my head. A plan to get my crush, Peter to kiss me.

As much as i didn't like to admit it in person, I did indeed have a crush on the adorable, brown haired cutie, I call my best friend. But seeing how much he tended to talk about the popular Liz Allen. And how he practically had heart eyes for the girl. I tried to push my feelings for him aside, to be a supportive friend of Peter's.

But right now I didn't care at the moment, because after hearing that he's never been kissed. I was determined as ever to finally admit my feelings towards him and i knew exactly how i was going to do it: mistletoe.

Usually, each afternoon Peter and I would walk home together and the spend the remaining afternoon watching movies, and eating snacks at my place. So I'd just make sure to get Peter to come over later, which would also allow me to time to set up the Mistletoe itself.

Finally after felt like years, the school bell signalling three-o-clock loudly blared through the halls and class rooms doors burst open, with students rushing through the halls eager to get home. I quickly composed a short text to Peter and hit send, before heading home to start my plan. Operation: Mistletoe was now in action.

Peter Parker shuffled along the pavement until he reached your house, his backpack strung across his shoulder. Before he made a quick fist and gently knocked on the door to townhouse, your family lived in. He gulped nervously for some reason, and waited patiently outside for someone, preferably you to answer.

A voice soon echoed through the house before he could hear the clicking of a door opening from the inside. As it opened, he could see your figure standing there in all your glory. Your long h/c hair was up in a quick, yet messy bun atop your head and a sweet smile was rested on your features.

He greeted you with a quick 'hey' before Peter followed you quietly up the stairs to your room. Small creaks from the wooden floorboards sounded through the house, as you two passed the cream walls of the hallway which contained multiple picture frames of your family hung up.

It wasn't long however, till you two reached your room and confusion suddenly washed over Peter's features as he found you were blocking the entrance in. A small smirk replacing the smile you previously had.

"uh...Y/n? why are you blocking the entrance?" the brown haired boy asked confusingly.

You didn't answer but instead gestured up towards the top of the door frame. Where in all it's glory was the plant itself, Mistletoe. Peter followed his gaze up to where you were pointing before he widened his eyes suddenly. Heat rapidly turning a dark shade of red across of his cheeks.

"We...uh...d-don't...h-have to....i-if you don't w-want to." Peter stuttered out quickly, once he soon made eye contact with you.

"But I want to." You simply said, that same smirk still on your features. You suddenly moved your hands to his cheeks, locking your e/c eyes onto his own for a second before redirecting your own gaze to his lips.

You leaned in, and connected both your lips together. Both of your lips fitting together like a puzzle and for the few seconds it lasted. It was great. It was like something that was out of a movie, where sparks flew. Once you two separated, you stared into
each other's eyes again, light dust painting your cheeks, and wide smiles painting your faces.

Operation: Mistletoe was a success.

❤