draco malfoy | soulmates au

PROMPT: 15. "we're soul mates."
HOUSE: THIS IS AN AU SO IT DOESNT MATTER.
WARNINGS: none really.

A-N: I've literally always wanted to write a soulmates au. But never gotten around to it because of fucking school. But hey I finally found time to write this imagine for you guys. So enjoy. Also I reckon this would probably have to be my favourite imagine I've written so far.

-Ellie

Italics = thoughts.
Y/N/N = Your Nickname

》》》

Soulmates. Everyone has one. They're someone who are destined to be with you, someone who will love you through thick and thin. Someone who will stick by your side on even your worst days. And they're someone who you can always trust to bring a smile to your face. How you find your soul mate however is a completely different story. From the day you are born, the first words which shall be said by your destined partner is forever etched into your skin.

Most people don't find their true soulmates until they are in their early twenties but there are a select few who are able to meet theirs when they are still in their teen years. Often times when it comes to finding your soulmate, people tend to feel like there is no hope that they will ever find their special someone or they tend to give up at some point. However it is very rare for someone to never find their partner.

When you finally meet your soulmate, a strange aura will you surround you both as soon as you say the words tattooed into your skin. Then it feels as if you have found the other half in your life. The missing puzzle piece to your puzzle. Or the peanut butter to your jam sandwich. There is no right or wrong way in finding your soulmate. You can find them in the most common of places. You can find them while your out grocery shopping or while your at a concert. The options of places to meet your destined partner are endless.

Soulmates are your special someone who will always be there for you.

¤¤¤

I sighed sadly, as I watched the multiple pairs of couples walk past my friends and I. The familiar feeling of hopelessness swirled in the pit of my stomach as I watched the smiling faces go by. I'll never find my soulmate. Picking up our pace, our group of friends and I continued to head towards the nearby wizarding club for our weekly girls night out.

Sometimes I feel slightly jealous when ever see my best friends with their soulmates, laughing together with big smiles plastered across their faces. Jealous that I still haven't been lucky enough to find my soulmate. As soon as our group stepped into the familiar club, the strong stench of alcohol stung my nostrils as we found ourselves a table in the back, away from all the sweaty and drunk wizards and witches dancing or snogging on the dance floor.

"You ok, Y/N? You have been pretty upset since we first arrived here tonight." My best friend, Bailey questioned worryingly. Catching the attention, of the rest of our friend group. I looked up at my friends with a sigh.

"Y-yeah....I'm fine."

Another one of my friends snickered however at this before speaking up. "Y/N/N's just
worried that she'll never find her soulmate." Angie said, before taking a big gulp of her cocktail. Then going back to talk with our other friend, Kat.

I soon got up from my seat at the table and over to the bar to get a drink, pushing through the multiple drunk teenagers to get there. Sitting down on the slightly tall bar stool I set my arms up onto the counter. The sleeves of my coat rolling up and exposing the words etched into my left arm. I ordered my alcoholic drink and took sip but was soon stopped once I felt a body collide into me. The drink I held in my firm grasp, spilling all over the black fabric of my spaghetti-strap dress. The stickiness of the liquid seeping into the cloth as I stood up, reaching over for some napkins to press against the stains.

"Shit. I'm so sorry." A male voice apologised.

As soon as he said that however it cut me off by surprise as those were the exact words which were embedded into the softness of my skin ever since I was born. I looked up from what I was doing previously, dropping the napkin in the process as I looked into steel-grey eyes in front of me. His platinum blonde hair messily sat atop of his head. It was kinda cute. It was only then that I had realised that he must be my soulmate. My destined partner.

"I-i......w-were soulmates." I managed to stutter out. As I showed him my exposed left arm which contained the very words he had said earlier. Him doing the same with his own left arm, where it had etched into his skin what I just spoke towards him. It had even gotten my stutter into it as well. I blushed, knowing that I had finally found my soulmate. A strange aura then surrounded us both and it felt as if we were both the missing pieces to our puzzles.

"I'm Draco, Draco Malfoy. And yeah.....I guess we are soulmates." He introduced himself as, rubbing the back of his neck with one of his hands.

"Y/N L/N." I replied, blushing madly.

Suddenly, I felt a pair of soft lips attach themselves to mine. My eyes widened to the size of saucers, before I then returned the kiss, our lips moving in sync. His large hands soon manouvered their way down onto my waist, while my small hands found themselves into his soft, messy platinum-blonde hair. As our tongues roamed each others mouths fighting for dominance. Who knew just a regular day at a club with my friends, would turn into a heated makeout session with my soulmate.

¤¤¤