jughead jones | letters from you

▪▪▪

o. JUGHEAD FINDS A SHOEBOX OF LETTERS FROM YOU, HIS GIRLFRIEND WHO COMMITTED SUICIDE A FEW WEEKS PREVIOUS.

warnings: angst, sadness, mentions of triggering topics such as: death, suicide, self harm, blood.

word count: 3008 words

a-n: i was just really in the mood to write some angst and sadness. And i had gotten this idea. Also quick warning, i'm sorry if you will probably hate me for the ending. This is also probably the longest imagine I've ever written.

It's been two weeks. Two whole weeks since the dreaded day Jughead Jones stumbled into his girlfriend's bedroom. When he saw the lifeless body of the girl he had fallen in love with. A container of pills lay next to her on the plush bed covers, and small but noticeable cuts littering both her arms. Jughead's heart broke at the sight in front of him.

A week later they held a memorial in honour of the young Y/n L/n at the school. Her family, friends, boyfriend, and most of the town were in attendance. All of them wanting to pay respects to the girl, who's life ended so soon.

It was especially hard for Jughead to comprehend the fact that his girlfriend, the love of his life and one of his best friends was now gone. There would be no more movie nights together. No more kisses shared between the two of them. And most certainly, no more of her presence by his side. It was like the h/c haired female had disappeared off of the face of the earth. When in reality, she technically did and she took Jughead's heart along with her.

Jughead moved along the hallway and into Y/n's bedroom. The same bedroom that held many heart-warming memories of the two of them. The boy with the crown beanie, gently closed the door to the room and moved towards the bed. Boxes were now littered around the place, some stacked up high, but most of them held the now deceased girl's belongings. Her parent's were getting rid of it all, getting rid of every trace that they had a daughter.

Jughead had tears staining his now red cheeks, as he picked up a picture frame off of the nightstand. It was a picture of Y/n and himself together, they were both drinking milkshakes at Pop's while Jughead had his arm around her shoulders. The raven haired male could still remember that day easily, as they had both bright and warm smiles across their faces when Betty had taken it of them.

A new tear fell onto the frame, as he stared sadly at it. However, he gently placed the photo aside as soon as he spotted a weird box, tucked under the bed. Confused, Jughead quickly made his over way there, bending onto the ground he reached over and pulled it out. Before grabbing it with both hands, and standing up to take a seat on the bed.

Jughead inspected the box quickly. It was a regular shoebox, except it had his name written messily across the lid in a black marker pen. Curiously, he lifted the lid off of the box before placing it beside himself on the bed. Once the lid was removed, Jughead peeked into the shoebox, spotting three different letters inside. Each one of them numbered from one to three. Jughead picked up the first one labelled '1' and gently slid it out of the envelope it was previously encased in. He then began to read it.

Dear Jughead

If you are reading this now, at all. Then you probably know that I am no longer with you. I have committed suicide, and you are probably wondering why I made that decision. I'll tell you, don't worry. But first, I just wanted to let you know that I will always love you. forever. I'm also sorry that i couldn't be as strong as i should be. And that was entirely my decision, when I couldn't even ignore the reasons behind me wanting to die.