𝐂.19

adrenaline rush

"YOU TOOK EMPTY TANKS?" Kiara questions John B as he sits down next to her. He tries to say something but he comes up short, his face grimacing with embarrassment.

"Okay, this one's a quarter full," Kie reassures as she checks the number. "It's enough for one of us."

"Love it when a plan comes together," Pope sarcastically mentions as the pogues and touron look at each other. JJ looks at Martha, but she's facing somewhere else —like something was more important than this.

He sighs his head back for a complete second, allowing his true mannerisms to be seen.

"Does anybody know how to dive?" Kiara asks the group.

JJ shrugs a 'no' and Pope looks the other way. John B points to Martha, suggestively, but JJ shakes his head 'no.'

"Anybody?"

"It's kinda a Kook sport," JJ replies, gaining the attention of Martha.

"I... read about it," Pope answers. Everyone, besides Marty, scoffs. She pats his shoulder.

"Great, Pope read about it, so someone's gonna die."

"Look, y-you put the thing in your mouth and breathe. How hard could it be?"

"Very hard," Martha speaks up for the first time.

"Care to share the information with the class?" JJ smirks, as Marty rolls her eyes.

"Nah, Pope's got it." She smiles a passive-aggressive smile. "Continue on."

"If you come up too fast, nitrogen gets into your blood, and you get the bends." Pope continues, grinning as he knows what he is talking about.

"Bends, like? Bend over and"-- JJ sticks his back out, making a crude joke.

"The bends kill you." Martha and Pope deadpan.

"Kie, I can do it," Marty replies, locking eyes with the worried brunette.

"No." John B and JJ say at the same time.

"What? What do you mean 'no'? This is gender discrimination!" Martha then dramatically turns to Kiara, who's laughing, "Kie? Do you approve of this?"

"No, I don't. But if no one else is gonna"--

"I can —I can dive." John B gives himself up.

"Yeah, you can dive. I'm cool with that. Better than Miss McFly, over here."

"I hate you," Martha says sarcastically. "You know, you love me." He replies, snarkily.

"Shut up, Gossip Girl," Kiara states, referring to JJ. "Since when can you dive?"