𝐂.13

don't touch the butt

FLOATING DOWN THE MURKY BROWN-COLORED WATER, the HMS Pogue crashed against the tiny waves of the opposing current. Martha sat on the front of the tiny fishing boat, she smiled as her fingers grazed the dolphins' rubbery —the sweet creatures were brought into the cove from the storm and following the boat as if the boat would lead them back out.

JJ and John B were at the back of the boat, JB was steering and JJ kept looking at Martha, checking that she didn't fall in.

"How long did that take?" John B mumbled towards J, as he caught the couple's pining looks.

JJ smirked, nodding at exactly what his best friend was playing at. "Nothing happened, so drop it." He became serious, he wanted no rumors about Martha's sex life in the group. His, on the other hand, couldn't care less. No one is saying shit about her reputation.

"Okay, nothing happened jeez, I'm just sayin' that I like you guys together. I knew it was goin' to happen sooner or later." John B's eyes widened, becoming shocked by J's attitude.

"I don't know what we are, but last night seemed like a pretty good start." He smiled, checking back to see if Marty didn't become a full mermaid, and decided to swim with the dolphins.

Martha looks up, smiles back at JJ, and does a little wave with her fingers before looking back out onto the water.

The tiny little fisher boat turns the bend and soon they reach the docks, where the Outer Banks fully thrive. They pass by two really big and scary-looking ships: Captain Tang and Carolina Breeze.

"It's kind of a smuggler's boat, don't ya think?" JJ says, not noticing people cleaning up the ship until someone looks down at them. "Uhh... good morning!" JB says covering up the rude remark.

"Smooth guys, real smooth." Martha scoffs, shaking her head.

"Sure hope Guffy's boat didn't sink. He doesn't have insurance." JJ says, worried about his friend and coworker. Martha's face drops, knowing that deep down she's more of a kook than a touron, and will never have to worry about losing anything.

Soon they make it to the main dock area, debris of leaves and trees sticking out of the water, clinging to supply ships and fishing boats. They pass a grand boat, seaweed clinging to the deck as two older people —an older couple. The lady is blonde and she's wearing a pink tank top as her husband sweeps off some of the fallen debris. Martha couldn't help but think she looked familiar.

"Hi, Miss Amy! You guys get through it?" John B shouts. Martha immediately remembers that she is a friend of her mother's, childhood friends too. She looks down at the group, smiling as she connects her eyes with Martha.

"Yep, we're all good! Hiya Martha! Did you make it through?" Miss Amy calls out, waving to Martha.

"Yes we did! I'll make sure to tell mom to call you later!" She yells back, considering John B didn't have the decency to slow down the boat.