𝐂.44

midsummers pt 2

TW: MENTIONS OF VIOLENCE, BLOOD && GOREVIEWERS' DISCRETION IS ADVISED

VIEWERS' DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

"HOLD HER GENTS, MAYBE I'LL LET Y'ALL HAVE HER WHEN I'M DONE," Rafe declares, quickly cracking his neck as he rolls up his sleeves. Marty tries to stand her ground but her fear runs deep in her subconscious, her body retracts into the two boys holding her. Their grip clenches around her arms, their nails digging into her warm ivory skin— scratching red parallel lines across her forearms and biceps as she wriggles and pulls.

"Fuck you," she states, never dropping her smile. Her eyes glance towards a clock on the wall, my plan is working.

Rafe scoffs, looking down at his family ring. He twists it around so that the rough material of the crest is showing. Without warning, he backhands Martha.

A loud smack can be heard across the room.  

Martha's head turns from the impact. Her instinct is to touch her throbbing nose, but her hands are still held behind her back. She groans as she scrunches her nose, trying to distract herself from crying. Her skin feels as if it is on fire, burning and stinging from the harsh abrasion of his ring. She lifts her head, feeling drips of blood starting to sprout from her nasal cavity. She chuckles as it drips faster than she realizes, the red and salty liquid crashing down on her cupid's bow and her tongue. Sniffling profusely, it doesn't help, her mouth practically scarlet as if she drank a carton of wine. Her chuckles spur into giggles, freaking out everyone in the room.

"What's so funny?" Rafe shouts, harshly grabbing her by the chin and throat. How could she find this funny? She's fucking psychotic.

As if her smile couldn't grow wider, it does a Cheshire Cat-like grin. His slap smudges her lipstick, giving her half of the Joker smile. The blood grows thicker and thicker as it foams in her mouth. She gulps, swallowing the liquid.

"You actually thought you would get away with it."

Martha's eyes flicker over to a shadow over Kelce's shoulder. Their uniform is black, more sophisticated and better for this occasion, more put together than what they were wearing at the station a few hours ago.

A gun cocks, startling Kelce as he recognizes the sound. He immediately releases JJ, his actions causing the others to let go of the girl and back up with their arms raised. JJ sidesteps to the side, his hand coming to his throat as he struggles to breathe.

"Rafe Cameron, step away from the girl," the voice booms from behind him. Sheriff Peterkin has her gun raised, Deputies Shoupe and Plumb standing by her side. All three dressed in black, head-to-toe.

"Holy shit," a boy mumbles, turning away and running away. His friends joining him.

Shoupe reaches for his taser, but Peterkin doesn't let him chase. "Don't. We'll get them later."