𝐂.48

please stay with me

"FUCK," JJ MUMBLES FROM HIS LIPS AS he softens his grip on Marty's neck

"FUCK," JJ MUMBLES FROM HIS LIPS AS he softens his grip on Marty's neck. He kisses her jawline as he pulls out of her fully and rips off his used condom, trashing it somewhere in the long grass that tickles their legs. He quickly backs away from her, pulling up his pants zipper, before slowly placing her feet back on the dirt ground. Martha lets out a muffled whimper from feeling empty inside, her hands still clinging to his bare arms, her nails embedded deep into his muscular flesh.

"You did so good, baby McFly," JJ praises, his fingers rubbing softly on her legs, massaging them in support as she unhinges herself from his hips. "Are you alright?"

Nodding, her nose scrunches up a bit as her bottom lip is nabbed between her teeth. Her eyes are dilated, cloudy from her sex-high. Her face flushed, her hair scattered, her makeup a bit more smudged. "That was, uh, good, really good," she blushes, putting her breasts back into her dress, much to JJ's protests. "But," Martha adds, pointing on his bare chest, "I'm still mad at you."

"I know, I fucked up, okay?" JJ nods, grabbing a hold of her finger and sliding his palm to meet hers. "But," his hand holding hers, "I meant what I said, and if they can't respect my pogue's promise to you, then they aren't pogues."

"I don't want you to give up your best friends because of me," she shrugs, feeling a bit guilty. "M-maybe, I should just apologize."

"No, Martha, you have nothing to apologize for," JJ dismisses her thought, his thumb rubbing the candy-red satin on her hips. "You were defending a friend and that's a redeeming quality none of us had for you. We should be apologizing to you."

"Please," Marty's hands itching up his rib cage, her fingers delicately grazing his scars as they make it up and around to his back. Her body lurches forward, embracing his fiery warmth. Her lips pecking his bare chest as she hugs him all her might. "Please stay with me."

JJ lets out a worried breath, something he had been holding in because he was afraid he was going to lose her. Sometimes, he's an asshole; he knows that. Hell, he told Sheriff Peterkin that. But he could never forgive himself if he pushed her away.

"Of course, baby," he replies, hugging her back. His hand caressing through her hair as he perches his chin on top of her head. "It's me and you against the world."

"I don't want to go back," Martha mumbles, pulling away from him. Exhaustion finally consuming her body, as she yawns. "Are they waiting on you?"

"Nah, I told 'em to scram," JJ shakes his head, quickly bending down and collecting his shirt off the ground. Shaking the dirt off, he swiftly pulls it back on. "C'mon princess," he holds out his arms, "your chariot awaits."

"My knight in shining armor," Marty chuckles, jumping into his arms. Her body flushes against his, bridal style.

"Well, we both know you can't walk," JJ says cockily, biting his lip as he grins.

"Oh, you better watch it," she scoffs, wrapping her arms around his neck to help him out. Martha nuzzles into his shoulder, her heels clinking together as he walks back towards the main road. "You're just begging to be pegged."

JJ throws his head back in a fit of laughter.

Technically, he didn't deny it.

"Weren't you the one begging to come?" JJ asks, raising his eyebrows as he looks down at her. Her cheeks a bit red from how embarrassed he made her, how she realized that he was right.

"Shut up," Marty rolls her eyes before turning her face into his shirt, trying to shield the embarrassment. "I hate you," she jokes but kisses his clothes chest to reassure him that she didn't mean it. She never does.

"Uh uh, I hate you too," JJ answers back, his fingers squeezing her thighs, the rings sending chills. "Let's get you back to your castle, princess deserves some pampering."

➵ ➵ ➵

TO SAY THAT KIARA DIDN'T FEEL GUILTY, would be a straight up lie. Was she ever going to admit that what she said was wrong? The chances of that ever happening are exceedingly low. She values her pride —she loves to be right, even when she's wrong.

In this moment, she feels that what she said about Marty still remains true. Her childhood friends agreed with her— Kiara chose to ignore their eyes and accept their silence.

It's just how she said it and how things have changed that is making her heart wretch and twist and turn against her rib cage— becoming condensed with guilt, a heavy weight she already hates to bare.

Kiara sat in the succumbing silence of the van. Her eyes flickering over to the empty seat— where her best friend JJ usually resides. It felt weird not to hear his grotesque comments, his laughter, his charm. He is the glue of the Pogues and he chose a Kook.
Maybe for good reason— but Kie also chose to ignore that.

"You should apologize," Pope mumbles, the faint yellow light of the van shining on the two. John B left five minutes ago, he was meeting Sarah Cameron.

"What?" Her voice rough and harsh. She's been yelling at everyone lately: first Marty, then JJ, then John B and she was about to shut down Pope's words but she decided not to. Not because she wanted to, but because she needed to— her body wouldn't allow her.

"Kie, c'mon," Pope looks at the curly-head. "Marty's our friend, what you said was wrong. She's not a Kook, either."

"She's friends with Sarah Cameron and Nicki Thornton."

"Okay? But she's also friends with us. What's with the double standard? Are you jealous or somethin'?"

"Jealous? Jealous of what?"

"I don't know, are you jealous of JJ's love for her?"

So, he noticed it too.

"Fuck no," Kiara almost vomits at that idea, visibly cringing. "I'm happy for them, honestly. I never thought J would get a girl."

"Okay, then, maybe you're jealous of Sarah—"

—"Don't!" She holds out her hand, pausing his words. "I have not thought about that bitch since sophomore year."

But Pope swats her hand away, continuing with his thought. "That Sarah has close ties with both Mars and John B and not you."

"Maybe," Kiara shrugs, her eyes dripping to the ground in shame. Pope, the genus, strikes again. "But"—

—"But nothing, Kie!" His voice sharp and annoyed. "For Christ's sake, she got the King of Kooks arrested, I don't think she appreciates being associated with them."

Kiara looks away, knowing he was right. Fuck, she was wrong.

"Just, admit you were wrong, apologize, and we can forget this night ever happened."

fez speaking!!
we all know no one could ever forget about this night. 😈

lolol heyyyyyyyy. 🧍🏻‍♀️
ummm so sorry for the wait.
i'm in college now, kinda weird getting used to things.

i literally had such a difficult time trying to get past the "awkwardness" i felt while writing this. idk but it's so difficult to write a relationship after they've done it.
(maybe bc i'm a virgin and i've never had a relationship before so idrkkk 🤪🤪🤪 but that's besides the point)

thank you for making this currently at #1 for 'theouterbanks' and thank you for 200k. i love and appreciate you all.
don't forget to vote and comment <333