𝐂.08

trouble

"TO BE CONTINUED?! Wait, so you're telling me that there's more of this stuff?" Marty says, reading the bright orange words from the rundown telly. She looks toward the rest of the pogies, all of them grinning and nodding knowingly.

'They seem like such good friends, I would hang out with them more, but I'm definitely intruding.' Marty chuckles, reaching for her phone and the end of the table.

She was still wearing JJ's crew neck, she loved the fabric and J didn't say anything. Besides, she didn't bother to take it off —unless JJ was the one that wanted it off.

"Hey, do you guys mind if I get your numbers?" Martha says shyly, opening her iPhone and going to her contacts. Her eyes flick to the redness at the top right corner —she needed to charge her phone soon, it's been a long day.

"I would love to," Kiara says, as she happily takes Martha's phone into her hands. "Done," she says, throwing a gleaming smile towards Martha's direction. She then hands the phone over to Pope. He finally saw her as a good person and could see her as a sister if she kept hanging out with the pogues. He grins at Marty, as he passes the phone to Johnny B —who was waiting impatiently and hastily grabs it out of Pope's hands. He was smiling like a child on Christmas as he typed his information into Martha's phone.

And finally, it made its way to JJ's possession. "Wow, seven percent, that's a risky game that you're playing McFly." He remarks, noting her battery percentage.

Marty leans up towards JJ's ear before loudly whispering, "well, it's a good thing I like taking risks." Her right-hand brushes against his, before pinching her phone between her pointer and thumb, "are you done yet?"

JJ's breath hitches in his throat as he turns to look at her. Their faces were inches apart, lips could easily press into each other if both parties wanted to. "No, not yet... princess." He mumbles the last part under his breath.

He smirks as he types something into the notes section and then plops the phone down on her left thigh, and then pats it down as if to secure it.

Usually, a boy's fingers on Marty's exposed thigh would've sent goosebumps throughout her body and a hot red blush on her cheeks, but ever since last night, she hates the feeling. And, she has to take so much courage to come up with the confidence to flirt with JJ, because in the back of her mind there's this fear. A fear that he may hurt her too.

She bites her tongue to stop herself from crying, and quickly grabs her phone, looking at the four new contacts from her four new friends...

4 new contacts:

cookie monster 💞🍪

hey-its pope-ward 🥺🖖🏾