𝐂.38

lets commit arson baby, let's add fire to the flame

TW: DEPICTIONS OF VIOLENCE, BLOOD, GORE.
VIEWERS' DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

THE SELECTION OF SUSPENSEFUL SOUNDTRACK begins to play as the black and white film becomes increasingly scarier as the night becomes darker. Some soldiers can be seen hiding from the bullets shot in their direction, the safety of the night shadowing their figures.

"JJ?" Pope whispers, leaning over to gain the couple's attention. JJ is seated nicely in the lawn chair Martha carried, and his girl is leaning back on his legs from the ground.

"What?" JJ whispers back, his voice short as he tries not to disturb Marty, or Kie, or anyone from watching the movie.

"Gotta take a piss," Pope says as if he was a four-year-old child talking to his father.

"Hold it," JJ says, a little louder to emphasize his words. His deep voice triggers something dirty in Marty's brain, her memory retracing that wonderful night and all its glory. She giggles softly, shaking her head upon herself, and tries to pay attention to the movie. But it's nearly impossible, especially with the comedic interaction happening just behind her ears.

"I can't hold it. I drank too much soda," Pope pleads, his legs bouncing up and down as if he was a dog swaying his tail.

"It's too exposed. They'll totally see us," JJ says, trying to convince Pope that he should train his bladder.

"I gotta go," Pope says, turning back around to see that the so-called Deathsquad is distracted by the movie. "They're blocking the bathrooms."

"Hey," Marty joins, turning away from the movie to give the boys some insight. "You are surrounded by trees, go tinkle in the forest." She says, waving her fingers in a "good-bye" motion.

"Thanks, babe," JJ grins, leaning down and kissing her on the lips. He pulls away, tapping on Pope's shoulder, telling him to follow.

"Hey, where y'all going?" Kiara asks, trying not to cause a scene.

"We gotta wring it out," JJ simply states, giving an awkward thumbs up and scattering out of there as quietly as they can.

"You gonna hold it for each other?" Kiara asks, confused about why they're going to the bathroom together.

Marty giggles at her remark, "it's not that weird, Kie. Us girls go to the bathroom all the time, why can't they?"

"I don't know, it's just that Pope's kinda a germaphobe," she whispers back. The girls' heads turning back towards the big screen.

➵ ➵ ➵

THE BOYS SIGH AS they 'tinkle in the forest' as Martha would put it.