𝐂.43

midsummers pt. 1

"ARE YOU SURE YOU WANNA GO? I think you should rest, honey," Lola says, her hands on her daughter's back as she hesitates to pin close the dress

Martha shakes her head, "you got this months ago. All those tailors aren't going to go to waste." She eyes herself in the full-length mirror, she couldn't stop smiling. She finally feels like herself. Hot and unbothered.

The pretty carnelian fabric of her dress adorned her figure perfectly, especially after her mother spent days looking for the best tailor in Virginia to hug her curves. The hem fell off just above her knee, showing off her tan, long legs and a pair of perfect white heels.

Her jewelry consisted of a simple gold necklace with a white diamond cut into a star, tiny gold rings with flower detailing, and her mother's old ruby and gold dangle teardrop earrings. Her hair is straight, pushed back behind her ears as it flows down her backside.

Her makeup is light concealer covering up her bags and puffy eyes, winged eyeliner, black mascara, and red-tinted lip gloss. She refused to have the scars and wounds on her face covered up much longer, Rafe is going to be pulled in for questioning tonight. That's a promise Sheriff Peterkin made to her.

Tonight is her debutante introduction to the rich and fancy, considering that Chris and Lola have decided that they are staying. This is their home. This is her home.

"Okay, as long as you're comfortable in going," Lola grins, sniffling a bit as she pats her daughter on the shoulder. "We'll be there with you every step of the way."

"I can't wait to see the look on that bastard's face," Chris says as he leans against the door frame, fixing his tie. "She better holds up that promise."

"She will, Dad," Marty says, turning around to look at her father. He is wearing a classic black suede suit, paired with gold cufflinks to match his adoring wife. Her mom is stunning in a long, off-shoulder, gold dress. Her legs are shown off by the high split, her waist is flattered by the a-line curve.

(A/N: this is what i'm picturing.