𝐂.20

the weed house

MARTHA DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK. Everyone has been telling her that John B's father is dead, drowned, somewhere at the bottom of the Atlantic and that the poor kid is in some serious denial.

And, yet, there was his dad's compass... with the same Celtic knot that she knows she has seen somewhere before. Maybe it was just her broken mind playing tricks on her, but she felt some pinging sensation in her heart, some tinge in familiarity. She knew no matter what, she must help John B.

"What's wrong, McFly?" JJ says, groggily in her ear. He is laying on top of her, his strong arms wrapped around her body, his head resting nicely in the crook of her neck. His sweat sticks to his old worker's tee, his warm breath flushed against her dewey neck. She hums, letting her fingers comb through his peanut-butter-colored hair.

The power was still out so they went to bed cold and woke up sweating hot. The two teenagers were at her house, in her room, on Martha's bed. They fell asleep last night, watching some My Hero Academia episodes that Martha downloaded on her computer.

"I was just thinking about that compass." She says softly. "Didn't mean to wake you, Doc." She feels him smile from the nickname.

"You didn't, I woke up from my sweat. I didn't want to wake you." He chuckles, lifting his head to meet her eyes. She tilts her head, confused. "I could feel you tense up in thought," he explains further.

"Oh, I'm just that easy to read, huh?" She grins, biting her lip.

"Yes, but so am I. Nothin' wrong with it, baby," JJ reassures, lowering himself to hover over her. "You're not gonna kiss me? I'm holding a fucking pushup."

She shakes her head playfully. "Congrats on doing the bare minimum, I guess." Marty shrinks down the bed, playfully avoiding JJ's lips. The back of her shirt jumbles up, revealing her slightly burned stomach and underboob. He smirks, taken back by the sight but appreciates it nonetheless.

"That's it, come here!" He yells, picking her up and rolling over so that he's beneath her. His rings send chills on her exposed skin as they make it up to her rib cage, his fingernails tapping on the sides of her torso.

She laughs, "stop! That tickles!" Which only edges him on to tickle her more. "Stop!" She laughs as she tries to pry his hands off. "J! I'm gonna pee, no! Stop!" He doesn't stop, tackling her back into her pillows. "Stop, please! Okay! Okay, I'll kiss you! You win!" JJ finally pulls his hands away, smiling in triumph.

"I'm waiting. Time's a-ticking, baby." He states, urging her to kiss him.

She leans up, pressing a wet and chaste kiss on his lips, before pulling away. "Put your hands back on me."