Chapter 12 - Flight or Fight

/ I have no excuses anymore, so imma just say sorry! Anyway only 1 or 2 chapters left now! Depends whether I decide to do a big one or not. Anyway enjoy!/

Jack felt the wind flow through his hair as he flew towards the edge of the world. He hadn’t felt this free in so long, nowhere to go and nothing to do, it was so wonderful. Carefully he dipped and dived throughout the glaciers surrounding the island he had flown to the edge of the north Pole and was simply going for a relaxing flight. He landed on a patch of ice and the cold flowed through him, he was home once more he looked up at the clear blue sky, it made him feel alone. For the first time it was nice.  He could go anywhere and do anything, the freedom was helping him heal, he could’ve sworn it was the best he had felt in years, even with all his damage. As night fall came and the darkness slowly slowed itself around Jack, he realised he must get back before the Guardians sent out a huge search party and had another panic over is health. As he turned to find the best and quickest route back to the workshop he saw a dark cloud in the clear sky. It was blocking the sparkle of stars which had just become viewable, Jack thought nothing of it till he realised how it was growing and how fast it was moving in one particular direction- towards Jack.

Not only was it heading towards Jack but it was still growing and it soon blocked out the moon and the light dimmed suddenly. Without the moonlight Jack only had his knowledge prior the blocking to know where he was going. Luckily it was straight ahead. As much as this cloud looked suspicious he had to fly slightly higher to avoid any on coming obstacles he could now not see.  Looking up once more he felt the light return to his path, the cloud had shrunk and now only a silhouette could be seen it stood in front of the moon. The figure stood in a pose seemingly threatening, Jack looked at the shadow cast upon the ground, it could only be recognisable as Pitch. The face figure  loomed over Jack. Stunned he stopped dead in his track and began to back up slowly against a nearby glacier. He knew he had seen him, Jack looked ahead and saw North’s workshop not far now only about half a mile to go. It was now or never. Fight or flight.

Jack flew keeping his body slim and aerodynamically sound. He kept his arms in tight Staff to his side and toes pointed. He flew fast, he was used to the wind in his face by now but, not being used to going this fast his eyes began to leak ever so slightly. It whipped his face and his hair flew back revealing the whole of his face. Occasionally his eyes would dart up to look at the ever looming cloud created by Pitch. He could now see it was made out of his lethal purple shimmering nightmare sand.  It was getting closer and closer. When Jack was only a few hundred yards away from the workshop he turned and looked when suddenly a black shadow flew past him. Nearly catching him on his shoulder he followed its flight path and saw the shape of an arrow shimmer away into the ground. Pitch was attacking!

Of course he would, he had no other choice, Jack was too close now. Continuing to fly as fast as possible Jack decided he would be even safer  - even though it would slow him down- If he zig zagged his path. He knew it was the correct choice as he slightly dived to the left another arrow flew past his left, even with the wind coursing around him he felt the air fly past because it was so close.  He was mere seconds away from the window he had previously exited, when suddenly a splatter hit the window, as it came into contact he could see the purple shimmering sand sliding towards the edges of the window. Just as Jack reached the window he slammed up against it, it was closed, but a moment before it was open? He questioned his sanity for a moment before realising that the sand had closed it and locked it shut. Turning a shadow began to close up on him, not again, not this time. As much as Jack wanted to turn and fight, he knew he was too weak, so he flew. This time with caution to what was following him, trying to misdirect pitch as much as possible but he had escaped and there was no hiding the problem that he knew his way around the workshop.

Arrows zipped past everyone only missing Jack by a few centimetres until finally jack felt a pain in his lower calf, it felt like a Bee sting would, so he ignored it, believing it was just cramp or something. He shifted it from his mind as he continued towards the grand entrance of the workshop. The enormous double barricaded doors, engraved with yetis, toys, elves and a grand tree that stood in the centre, there was no way it would open in time even if  Jack banged on the door and got help. At the last moment only seconds away Jack turned upwards  and flew straight for the roof, he knew there was a few smaller windows that were open in the day, hopefully they wouldn’t be closed and he could find them in the darkness. He saw a warm glow as he got closer, simply willing the windows open seemed to work. He found one and simply laced his fingers under the rubber to open it. Deciding not to turn to reveal where pitch was he landed his feet firmly on the roof and jumped without a second thought into the light of the workshop centre .

Falling, with no wind to carry him safely towards the ground, he spread out his arms then curling into the foetal position. It was then he felt his heart pounding, his hard breath all coming from in his chest. Then  the adrenalin finally hitting his brain to the realisation of what happened, he had had it the whole time but none of his wounds hurt until now. All of these emotions and reactions happened within one second. Then for the final time darkness.

/Vote, comment & reading lists pleaaase! Sorry for the ending, this line I use whenever I cant think of another one :’) anyway till next time!/