Chapter 8 - Capture

/Heyy long time no see, heheh I’m sorry I have been ‘busy’ aka school anime and lots of procrastination. So finally enjoy this lil one/

The face became darker and darker as it approached Jack until it became the walls around him. Completely dark he sat alone as suddenly tiny legs scampered across his body, thousands upon thousands of insects, whether they’re spiders, millipedes or beetles it was too dark to tell. They began to crawl up the clothing he had left on. Swimming in thousands of the tiny monsters he heard the scuttles crawl into his ears. He felt the spindly legs on his lips before crawling upwards and entering his nose. He blew out of his nose and wildly swung his arms to his ears to tear them off and get the away from him. It was not help, they enclosed him and once again everything was darkness. Only two seconds after being covered, feeling like an eternity of torture had passed Jack opened his eyes, shaking, heavily breathing and building up a temperature. Back in his bedroom at North’s. But was he? He began to question his surrounding, were the clothes he was wearing real? Was this bandage real? The bed, the room, the guardians? What is real? Jack truly didn’t  know.

He heard the door creak open and North snuck his large head around the door beard first. “Jack, are you alright? We heard some jumping about.” His deep voice, soothed Jack, most of his doubts faded away. Yet at the back of his mind, still nagging a voice telling him this all isn’t real. He lifted his head off the pillow feeling his hair tickle his bare neck. “Yeah I’m good, just a bad dream”  He groaned in a pain filled voice.  North knew he wasn’t really okay, he began to walk over to the bed and sat down on the side of it leaving a slight wobble to the bed. His wide eyes showing Jack his sympathy and Jack hated it. He hated being babied and people feeling sorry for him. It was the last thing he needed, he just wanted to get back to normal, back to reality. “Jack, we want to help, please tell me, here have some more” North placed his hand on Jacks shoulder as he spoke, from behind his back he pulled out another piece of cake. Jacks eyes lit up and he gratefully accepted. As soon as the cake entered his mouth he felt so much better. “I remember you know, everything he did to me, it comes back whenever I sleep. He just… didn’t stop…” Jack continued to tell North everything. It was after this he knew he was in reality.

After 3 more thin slices of lemon cake and a cup of water and hot chocolate later, Jack had told North everything he could remember, every detail. North sat wide eyed listening and taking in all of Jacks version, he didn’t show any emotion other than continuous sorrow. Looking at the floor he shuffled his feet not knowing what to say. He opened his mouth to speak, but no wrods came out. Jack sat up straight pushing his chest out to crack his back. His eyes searched the room for new objects and only one caught his eye. “When did that get here?” Concerned North looked over to where Jack was staring.

“We sent Bunny back to the lair while you slept, he brought it back with him. No sign of  Pitch.” North replied in a guilty tone. “Your story explains our questions, of how the staff and your hands got in such bad shape. We thought it may have been something along the lines of wood when tooth pulled out the splinters.” He gestured towards Jacks hands. North walked over to the staff and brought it back to Jack he spoke quietly and softer now. “We cleaned it up for you” He showed Jack the staff as it balanced in one of his thick hands. It was brown as normal as any stick lying on the ground. Jack brought a finger towards it. He felt pain shoot through his hand as he moved his finger to lay upon the staff. From his touch the staff immediately connected back to Jack.  The ice laced around the wood intertwining with the staff once more Jack felt a surge of power flow through him. Although to say sorry for its betrayal it seemed to help sooth his wounds.  He wrapped his fingers fully around it and went to pass it over to the other side of the bed so it lay next to him. Unable to do his usual finger fluency he gently passed it over to his left hand and placed it softly on the sheet beside him.

He looked up at North and saw a smile beneath his thick moustache.  The power still flowing through him he lifted his feet up from underneath the bed. He placed them on the cold wooden floor making him feel even more at home. North grabbed his shoulders softly as he wobbled slightly. “ Steady now, you’ve not walked, or even stood up for a long, long time.” Jack grabbed onto North’s thick arm and heaved himself up. No more, he thought. I’m going to get up and get back to normal. He saw through the crack of the door North’s workshop, elves and yetis working in a nonstop state. Jack reminded himself that it was near to Christmas and he must have interrupted North’s  preparation, he knew how much that annoyed him. A sudden wave of guilt splashed through his body.

“I’m… I’m sorry” Jacks still sore throat creaked, North’s hand landed on the door and slowly pushed it shut. Holding Jack up he turned him whilst laughing gently, he threw his head back whilst clasping his chest with his free hand.

“Don’t be, Bunny’s been using it against me, the last time Pitch was here it was nearly Easter if you remember, he’s been enjoying it ever since” His laugh slowed to a halt. “Jack get back into bed, you’re still weak there’s no point in hurting yourself more” North’s care helped him to understand why he was still here, still alive.  Interrupting Jacks thoughts Bunny’s shouts came from the other room.

“NORTH! NORTH!” he jumped through the door violently. “We’ve got him.” He then turned to see Jacks shocked fatigued face. “Urm, he’s In the other room…” He faded off before hopping out and returning to his previous room.  North place Jack down gently on the bed, before saying a word to Jack he left the room and shuffled quickly towards the room Bunny had entered. As the door closed behind him Jack immediately began to stand holding onto the door handle pushing himself off his bed. He hobbled around the door strongly grabbing his staff, ignoring the pain throbbing in his feet and hands he pushed himself forward. His hand flung to the side of the hallway as he passed out of his room, using his staff as a walking stick. The door was only two steps away. He shuffled forward trying to make as little noise as possible. Reaching the brown study door with a shining glass handle he grabbed on and turned it pushing the door open he saw a dimly lit room with golden sand in the middle. Wait not just sand, a person whom the guardians spaced around him as if to guard him. Tooth blocked his full view but as she hovered just slightly to her left he saw, Pitch.

/SOOOOOO Remember to Comment Vote & Add to reading lists. Also sorry for any grammar/spelling mistakes I just wanted to get it done and uploaded. Thanks for being patient with me! /