Chapter 9 - Alone together

/ Gosh what’s it been 3 weeks? Sorry! Still have a lot of work although Christmas break soon so I will be able to write a few more chapters then. Anyway here we go just a quick one…/

His hands fell loosely to his sides and the door flew open with a bang from an unintentional push. All the guardians swirled round to see a shocked Jack, barely standing in the doorway, swaying he let go of his staff and fell on the door frame. North rushed over lifting his hands and clasping them around Jacks arm and heaving him back up onto his unsteady feet. Pulling Jack back out of the door, picking up his staff on the way and closing it softly behind him he whispered “ Not now” Into his ear. Jack wasn’t ready for this, not yet. Although he was forced out of the room, which held the man who had ruined him, Jack couldn’t help but stare fascinated by the room and what was happening in it. The golden sand which was floating around Pitch had tightened and turned into golden chains tightly holding him down restraining his movements so he could barely breathe. And although he was gagged Jack could see the smile across his face, when he saw Jack enter the room. Continuously smiling until the door closed I front of him.

Tightening his body up as the thoughts came flooding back about those days he spent in pitches torturous lair. He straightened up and only put on hand on North’s giant shoulder for support. He shot North a look before replying with a annoyed tone. “ I am fine. Let me see it.” He tried to push North back towards the door but in his weak state he was defiantly no match for him. Pushing the staff back into Jacks hands he saw a wince of pain go through his face. North replied with a sympathetic look before turning back to the door opening it just enough for him to fit through and closing it firmly behind him. Jack heard a rattling sound before a bolt turning confirming the lock of the door.

He turned his back on the door and went back around the corridor he had previously crept down, he saw flying planes and amazing presents for all of the children this year. It would normally amaze him and he could stare for hours with admiration of the yeti’s work and North’s living area, but this time something much bigger was on his mind. He had thought of revenge but why, what good would it do him. All he could think to do was interrogate. Question Pitch on why he had done it, what was his reasoning. All so well planned but what for? Reaching his door Jack carefully placed his injured hand on the handle and twisted gently. Just before pushing to go in he heard a clatter behind him, coming from the room which Pitch was being held captive in.   

Jack turned sharply, introducing more pain to his body. Looking towards the sound he saw Bunny hopping out and turning right, tooth flying out and heading upwards and North striding out with a ladder over his shoulder. He turned left and began to head towards Jack with a smile on his face, after a few strides he turned to a small door only just big enough to fit the ladder in. A broom closet of sorts.  Jack wondered why North had needed a ladder but before he could ask, he turned back around and headed the same way as Bunny. A thought popped into Jacks wondering mind, Sand was the only one left with Pitch. Jack turned around letting go of the door handle and for the second time wobbling down the corridor towards the looming door.

Jack reached the door and lifted up his better hand giving a few gentle taps on the door, just loud enough for someone on the other side to hear. A cup of sand dribbled through the key hole just as Jack heard to door click and swing a quarter open.  Peaking his head through Sand looked upwards to see Jack, although battered and bruised Jack smiled as Sandy jumped out of the room and flung his tiny arms around Jacks legs. Whist appreciating Sandy’s hug, Jack took the moment to peer around the door and see the evil that was Pitch, sat with his head lopsided. He had been knocked out, and was still covered in chains. The image of the chains caused a trigger for Jack, his mind flashed back to when Pitch had him in chains to begin with.  Suddenly his mind flash back into reality and he shook his head slightly. At the movement Sandy took a step back detaching from Jack and looking at him.

Jack saw a symbol appear above Sandy’s head, it was in the shape of a health plus and a question mark. After spending plenty of time with the guardians, especially Sandy, so naturally he had become fluent in reading Sandy’s symbols.  This particular one meant ‘Are you okay’ Or ‘Do you need help’ Jack knew he meant to see if he was okay and replied cheerfully to make sure Sandy wouldn’t worry. “Yeah I’m good, great to see you again, I missed you” smiling Sandy’s eyes began to droop. This normally happened and after an all nighter, to put Sandy on Pitches first guard was not a good idea. He dozed off still standing in the corridor, A bed made of his sand appeared as he slowly fell onto the comfortable surface. With the door still slightly ajar jack stepped carefully around Sandy trying not to wake him, or injure himself further. He reached the door and pushed it open with his staff. Taking the first step into the room was the hardest.

Seeing pitch in such a lifeless state brought Jack many different emotions. His main one being fear, although relieved that Pitch was unconscious and could no long bring harm to him. Fear still twanged every vessel in his body. He stepped closer and breathed out, trying to be as quiet as possible. To avoid waking either Sandy or Pitch. As the scenarios played out in his head, things such as the guardians walking in on him or waking up just to be back in Pitch’s lair again as soon as he touches him.  A moan brought his mind back to the present. He saw Pitch’s head twitch and move slowly as his eyes began to open. They flared in the light coming from the door and illuminating his face. He moved his head to the other side and moaned into the gag. Once his eyes had focused he saw Jack half cowering and shivering in the corner. He grinned again and his eyes narrowed pin pointing Jack and making his drop his staff out of pure shock.

Bruises along his face along with a busted nose helped Jack to focus on the reality of the situation but it seemed so surreal to him. For his torturer to be sat in the room with him, tied up as he had once been seemed so unreal. Jack leaned against the wall for his own comfort, but Pitch’s narrow stare made him feel as though he was being held captive again. North was right, I’m not ready Jacks though back to the very moment he pushed him away and back to him room. Safety, where he wanted to be.  Shouting came into the room from the hallway, Jack knew he was in trouble for disobeying North’s exact orders. Yet he didn’t move an inch. Bunny tried to jump into the room but before his paw crossed the threshold, a violent slam of the door echoed through the room.

Jack turned to look back at Pitch, who was now sat with his eyes firmly fixed on the door. He had done it, somehow. Which meant he still had control, even if it was just his mind, it made him more powerful than Jack and now they were locked in the darkness alone, with only one dim light on the room.  Jack heard Yells from outside, furious but worried yells. Still keeping his eyes firmly on Pitch, Jack shuffled nervously and bent down to pick up his staff, he was fully defenceless without it. As he stood back up Staff firmly in hand he saw Pitches eyes move to stare straight into his own. Then without warning, he grinned and flashed his eyes upward.  After a bang and the sound of shattering glass, the room was now, Pitch Black.

/ Comment, vote and add to reading lists!! Would be great to get 100 votes by the next chapter >.< Thank you! and Till next time /