Chapter 10 - Freedom for all

/ MERRY CHRISTMAS & EVERYTHING ELSE YOU CELEBRATE. I hope you're having a great time, here's my present to you :) Intense chapter, i will try to upload another one by next week :) I've decided im only going to work on one story at a time, so this story will be over in a few chapters, okay enjoy! /

Jack felt his hand  tense  around his staff, ignoring all pain as the adrenalin began to vibrate through his body. Although afraid Jack stood firm and silently shuffled his way towards the sound of the banging coming from the door. Muffled voices could barely be made out as words.  Suddenly it all stopped, the banging, the muffled shouts and the noise coming from Jacks own breath. The silence was so still he could hear his own heart pound furiously,  then skip a beat when hearing a small sniffle. It turned into a laughter he had heard too many times. Pitch was free, he could feel him dripping off the walls. A crunch of glass beneath a foot confirmed Jacks worst suspicions, He shuffled faster towards the door but only hear one more crunch before slow simple footsteps ebbing slowly closer.

Hands trembling against the flat wall finally felt the hard ribbed wood of the door, fumbling around to find the door handle he felt the door shake. As though someone was using a sledge hammer to break it down unsuccessfully. He could feel the noise but not hear it. Once again he knew it was pitch who had created this situation. As he realised this hairs raised on the back of Jacks neck, Was this reality? Was this fake all along? Or Is he doing it again to scare me? The thoughts distracted jack and his hand fell to his side, letting go of the door handle. As soon as it lost connection, all sounds returned to normal. The banging became loud and apparent, yells were slightly more understandable now he was stood beside the door. And a hand on his shoulder was tight and painful.

Immediately lifting up his opposite arm and grabbing the hand clenched on his shoulder he dug his nails in and pulled hard, lifting the hand before it evaporated out of his grasp. Another hand reached around his waist, turning him sharply away from the door, pulling away caused more pain to snake into him. So he grabbed hold of the hand again, whereas it evaporated once more. Feeling more hands creeping towards him, it was just like his nightmares. Another hand appeared on his shoulder and his waist and his leg, more and more surrounding his limbs. Jack began to scream out and tried to turn back to the door to pound his fists but he found he couldn’t move as he was fully restrained. The air in his lungs seemed to last a lifetime as he yelled out, until finally a hand with the texture of san paper, covered his mouth and his yells died. Along with his spirit.

His body went limp and laughter filled his mind. The banging faded and soon he was once again with the familiarity of darkness. This time Jack awoke with a start but no nightmare, just the reality around him. The first thing he saw was Tooth’s beautiful and bright feathers, she leaned in close to his face and jumped back as his eyes flickered open. Light burning his eyes for only a couple of seconds, then he placed his hands behind his and scuttled backwards in shock. “ Oh Jack” Tooth sighed picking up his body and embracing him, “We were so worried, as soon as the door released North, Bunny and Sandy went straight out to catch Pitch, I stayed here with you, I was afraid to move you in case I hurt you, are you okay? What happened? What did he do?” Tooth was her normal excited and concerned self.

“Slow down” Jack wheezed out

“Sorry” Tooth backed off and handed Jack his staff back to help him stand up.

“I don’t know, it went dark and… and he got out then there was, hands? A lot of hands… it went silent and then loud and then, then darkness.” Jack struggled to remember and hobbled up onto his feet. He looked around his environment and saw the door busted open swung off one of its hinges. A small vent in the corner with grills, had a flower next to it, in between the concrete slabs, Jack concluded that this is how he escaped  and Bunny had followed. Jack then realised pitch had escaped. He was loose again.

“Oh Jack, common, let m3 take you back to bed, you need to eat, I’ll update you as soon as the others get back” And with that Tooth took Jack by the arm and carefully but firmly lead him out of the room and into his own. Sitting on the edge of his bed he was gently handed a plate of cake, it seemed to be all North lived on and Jack didn’t mind one bit. Tooth smiled at Jack before fluttering out of the room. Jack placed the plate beside him and stood up. Pacing around his room the minutes ticked by, by the time the Guardians arrived back Jack had studied the whole of the room, he had worked out a plan and decided what to do with the rest of his time, spent healing.

Jack heard Bunny’s angry rants and decided to go and meet with them to see what had happened. Walking out his door creaked and the arguments immediately stopped, Jack hated this, not being included, he may be weak but he wasn’t  dying.

“What? What happened?” Jack wanted to know.

“We… We didn’t get him” Bunny replied sinking down his hind legs.

“So, what’s the plan?” Jacks response came as a surprise to the Guardians, they expected anger or disappointment. They hadn’t decided on a plan.

“Urm… well we were, were going to go back to his lair and check that out but, for now we… we can’t do anything, he’s … vanished.” North’s pauses made it all the more tedious in Jacks head. He nodded silently and turned around, re-entering his room and closing the door softly behind him. He was mad, but he contained it. Still stood next to the door Jack heard the cautious and confused whispers of the Guardians.  Exactly what he wanted, he knew they would leave him alone for a while, a whole day perhaps, if he was lucky. Looking down at his hands he began to unbandage them, they had healed slightly, scabs and scars still remained as he stripped himself down of any aid to his healing. No blood or bleeding. The occasional jolt of pain but nothing he couldn’t handle, he was stronger now, he knew he could do it and so he set his plan into work.

Throwing on his hood and gripping his staff tightly, he paced slowly over to the wooden window, laced with Ice Jack had created previously,  he unclipped the sides and slowly opened them allowing a cold breeze to flow in and hit his skin, nearly blowing his hood off. He jumped onto the table with his usual amount of grace. Knowing he would have to get back into his old ways he stood firmly and lifted one hand outside the window, the wind blew onto his hand and forced his hood back ,as if welcoming him back into the world, Jack smiled slowly and jumped.

/Remember to Vote, comment and add to reading lists, i love reading your comments, ^.^ /