Chapter3- The Chains

Chapter-3

“Pitch, show your face!” Jack bellowed into the shadows he limped forward still cautious although knowing the alley was empty except for Pitches slender body. His arms out stretched and searching around the walls, he was no longer graceful but clumsy and weak. Where was he? Where was Pitch? Where was his staff? He put his foot forward once more feeling a small drop, he brought his other foot around thinking it was a simple step down onto another level of ground. As he took another step twice the size, thinking his foot would land on level ground he placed it down firmly. Firmly onto thin air as he abruptly feel down a flight of stairs. He tumbled trying to protect his head he gathered his arms around his head as he seemed to fall for an eternity.

Until he finally landed on the bottom step and rolled about a meter forward before slowly revealing his head. He felt every bump and bruise forming on his body, he bled from his mouth as he had cut the side of his cheek and bitten on his tongue out of surprise. Finally lifting his head up slightly his eyes adjusted to see blurry familiar shapes he closed his eyes for a moment to reopen them. The room was less blurred but his head still had a banging drum inside, he looked around and deciphered different objects until he finally recognised where he was. It was Pitches lair with all the cages still hanging from the ceiling with baby tooth’s in this time. Grey and dusty just like before, probably the exact way he liked it, he looked towards the  globe with only a few lights beaming In the corner.   Jack looked around and saw Pitches shadow against the wall he finally began to climb to his feet picking his word wisely he spoke soft and firm trying not to show fear. “ Why did you bring me here?”

A voice from the other side of the room ringed with laughter. A throaty chuckle but menacing and sincere. His shadow moved from one wall to another confusing Jack as he spoke with a soft yet overpowering tone.

 “Ever since you and your fellow ‘Guardians’ left me to be trampled by my own fears I have been plotting, until I decided there would be no point. I was alone and I thought you would understand at, after all, had you not, considered my offer that day? You do remember, don’t you?”  Jack twitched as he reminded himself of that day where it was true he had considered the offer Pitch had made him, to leave the Guardians and join him to rain in terror.

Jack replied with a growl caught in his throat “You deserve to be lonely! Never wanted to join you, is that all you wanted me for?” Yet as soon as these words left his shaking lips he felt a wave of guilt flow over him, what had he just said, this wasn’t like him, in a way he knew exactly what pitch meant and therefore regretted allowing these mean remarks to leave his mouth. He had so many emotions and questions right now he couldn’t cope. “ I’m sorry- I  didn’t meant-“ Jack mumbled he then bowed his head slightly.   He still could only see Pitches shadow the questions came to the front of his mind again  “ Yet I still don’t know-What do you want?”

“Oh company, like I said I’m lonely. Maybe even something to toy with…” Pitch replied smirking to himself, he moved again to another wall but Jack then saw him appear with the same smirk stuck to his face, he was still missing a tooth as he saw a glimpse of his teeth.

“I am not your toy, now give me back my staff before the rest of the guardians find out what you’ve done with me.” Jack whispered coolly.

“That would be no fun now , would it? and I’m quite sure no-one saw you come here. As for your new friends they think I’m gone.” Pitch said with a full grin as he strode towards jack his black cape like clothing flowing behind him. He walked over to the globe and traced his fingers around the gold lights. He twirled the staff in his other hand. “I know this staff is worth a lot to you, you’re nothing without it. You can fix it when broken so I won’t bother with that but I can keep it from you and get things from you…” Pitch knew the response he wanted. Jack thought about what to say, he really didn’t want to submit to Pitch but he needed his staff back Really badly and would be prepared to do anything for it.

“ What do you want me to do? ” Jack voice sounded resentful. He thought about Jamie and how he couldn’t see him without the staff. This gave him a sudden surge of power and as Pitch leaned forward, to taunt him, Jack made a grab for his staff Pitch was surprised from this sudden urge of power but overall was still quicker and jumped back responding with a disappointed *tsk tsk* to his attempt at regaining his staff and dignity. Whilst teasing him about his attempt of a power snatch, Pitch tripped him and he flailed to the ground where he lay for a moment before picking up his head.

“Just give me it back I’ll do anything!” Jack sounded petty and feeble but he didn’t care He just wanted his staff back and too be free. But this was the response Pitch had been waiting for. Yet just to make sure he played for his time and got Jacks full consent.   

“Anything?”  repeated Pitch with a tone of sarcasm in his voice as if he was repeating Jack to make him sound even more useless.

“Anything” Said Jack weakly he sighed at how quickly he had given in, although he had fought to gain his power back and his ability to leave this place and warn the guardians, he still felt helpless and that he was pathetic for giving in too soon. With a swift move of Pitch’s hand as he turned to walk away he truly did look like a form of evil as from the roof above him chains flew down and made a grab for his hands they seemed enchanted as the clamped harshly around Jacks wrists making him wince from the pain. Soon enough two more chains from above them  flew down slower than the ones before and seemed to slither around his ankles like snakes before latching their jaws tightly onto his ankles. Jack struggled but he knew it was no use, water brimming his eyes from the tightness of the chains he looked up at Pitch whom was now only inches away from him

“ What are you going to do to me?” Pitched leaned in to whisper in his ear. He breathed onto his ear before pulling back and looking into his eyes, he pushed  back a piece of his fringe covering Jacks eyes. Before allowing these few words to leave his lips, as Jack could barely hear them

 “Everything I have ever wanted to.”

// WOah woah woah Pitch, abuse maybe in the next chapter but i'll warn you if so, please vote comment and add to your reading lists THANK CHU ~_~ //