Chapter 11 - Distraught

/ Hey, so sorry I’ve had mock exams over the past week and next week so here’s a filler chapter, I wrote it rather quickly when I realised I hadn’t updated for a while >.< Sorry >.<  If there’s any mistakes feel free to help me out and point them out. Anyway, boring chapter sorry but bare with me the next one will be full on I promise! ~ Enjoy~ /

It was Christmas eve. North’s biggest night of the year, although the drama that had occurred previously was disastrous the holiday must continue. Bunny, tooth and Sand were too help him with his duties of the night. Tooth would help deliver presents along with hundreds of mini tooth’s. Not all as some were still needed back at the palace. Whilst Sandy and Bunny would protect the North Pole from any unwanted attacks by the now free Pitch. When Jack had disappeared to his room, the guardians decided it would be best if they left him and allowed him to come out in his own time. They began preparations for the night as the sleigh was hauled out by the magnificent beasts, their hooves clattering and their heavy breaths filled the air. Yetis helped fill up the sleigh with the presents and looked back at their hard work before it was to be ruined by Norths reckless driving once more.  Each Yeti sighed knowingly as North Jumped onto the sleigh and jeered on his reindeer.  As they flew out and into the ice tunnels he laughed and waved goodbye to Sandy and Bunny whom had come to see him off on his night round the world.

An hour after North and Tooth had left, Bunny and Sandy had heard nothing from Jacks room and therefore decided it was time he went in to check on him. Bunny teased the door handle and pushed the door open quietly just in case Jack was asleep. Upon pushing the door open, he looked to the bed, when he saw no Jack shaped lump he enter the room abruptly and saw the open window. Immediately jumping to the almost right conclusion he yelled for Sandy to stay put and look after the workshop.  His paws indented the snow and left prints as he bounded in the direction of Jacks scent.  Sandy stomped around angry that he was the one to be left behind to look after the workshop. Jack was his friend, he wanted to help as much as any of the other guardians, it’s as if they though he was incapable because he fell asleep a lot. That wasn’t his fault he ju…. Sandy fell asleep leaning back against Jacks bed.

Around the other side of the world North and Tooth were delivering out presents down each chimney for each individual child. Although the pain and suffering that had happened over the past few days they managed to enjoy themselves and continue with Christmas eve, making sure the children would still believe. Tooth whizzed around excitedly, heaving heavy presents into houses and under trees or into stockings. North Following by flying up and down chimneys with his sack cheering happily and following his sled. Everything was going according to plan, although with the caution of Pitch in North’s mind he kept his eyes open searching for any sort of giveaway to possible danger approaching. As the night continued both Tooth and North began to weary, tooth occasionally finding some teeth underneath pillows and collecting them whilst doing her Christmas duties.  Finally Christmas eve turned into Christmas day and both Tooth and North hopped back into the sleigh and as North threw a snow globe to transport them back to the pole.

On arrival North Jumped out of the sleigh and shrugged off his coat heading into the warmth of his work shop to see Yetis cheering along with elves drinking champagne and cheery Christmas songs blasting throughout the place. A smile instantly beamed on North’s face, turning to see a fatigued Tooth follow through, she couldn’t help but smile as well at the hearty amount of love being shown. As much as north would have jumped right in and began congratulating each single worker on another successful year, his main concern was Jack. He gently pushed his way through the crowd as Tooth hesitantly fluttered over the dancing Yeti’s watching part poppers heading in her direction as she flew. They finally reached Jacks door and found Sandy sound asleep on the end of his bed with golden streams pouring out of his body. He worked even when he slept.

A booming voice awoke Sandy with a start, the sand stopped pouring out of him as he shook his head and rubbed his eyes. He looked at North and then the window and immediately began showing symbols above his head. They flew so fast North simply put his hand up and spoke softly but with a tremble in his words “ Where are they?” Sandy worriedly showed a picture of Bunny jumping through the window. North caught on and before Sandy could show another symbol, North turned and exited the room, Tooth flew next to him quietly asking what he was going to do. Stepping lightly towards his office, taking the long way to avoid the partying Yeti’s and elves, he remained quiet until he reached his destination.  Entering the room Tooth stood at the door not sure if she was wanted, she saw the pain in North’s eyes, he cared deeply for Jack and had lost him once, now he was going to again. Knowing  she had made the right choice as the door was shut lightly before her, slumping over and fluttering back Jacks room to comfort Sandy.  

North sat in his chair breathing out as he bent down, his head fell into his open hands and he breathed deeply.  Rubbing his forehead as tears brimmed his eyes, he didn’t cry not usually, but over the past weeks he had been through so much, for this to happen once again so soon afterwards, with Pitch being free, he couldn’t believe it. There were so many questions and worries buzzing throughout his mind. Was it Pitch who had taken him? Had he gone to look for Pitch? Why? He was so unsure about everything, he couldn’t jump to conclusions but his mind told him too. Planning was the only thing he could do, for each scenario. Unfortunately there were so many and as the hours ticked by he waited in his room for any news. Knowing Tooth or Sandy would alert him if anything came in. It turned dark and the music died down from around the workshop. The Yeti’s and Elves must have gone to bed. North had no idea what time it was until a small knock came at his door.

He got up slowly and looked in a mirror as he passed to make sure it didn’t seem like he was showing too much emotion. He didn’t want to pass on his fear to the others. Opening the door slowly he saw Tooth stood with a dull face. “ There’s been nothing, Sandy slept whilst I kept watch, I need to go back to the palace. I’ve been away far too long, I’ll be back in the morning but for now Sandy is awake and keeping an eye out over the workshop.” Her tone was saddening, she was obviously tired and needed to go back to the palace to rest and check up on her workers. North couldn’t sum the strength to say something and simply nodded. Watching her turn around and glide away, he regretted not saying a word, he should’ve comforted her. It was a hard time for everyone but there was no need for the ignorance.

/Remember to vote! Comments are my fave and adding to your reading lists is great too ;) Thank you for putting up with me byyyyeee/