Chapter 13 - Eternity of darkness

North ran as fast as he could out of his study, he heard the uproar of the Yeti's and the clanging of objects falling from their grips. He swirled around the corner; it had only been 10 minutes since Tooth had left to continue her duties maybe she had stayed just a while longer? Had Bunny caused a fight to break out? North knew his ways, it wasn't until he saw Bunny running in the same direction he realised it couldn't be him. Bunny reached Jack before him, leaning over to check his breathing he looked worriedly down upon him. A Yeti picked him up in its arms as of Bunny's orders, it was then North saw Jack he heard Bunny yell towards him- "He fell!" everything went fuzzy for North. Fear struck his heart. Not again, Jack was the closest thing he had ever had to a son, to continue to lose him in these ways was slowly draining his soul. A thousand questions ran through his head, he saw where he had landed, it was down near the side of the globe just landing on the tables sat out by the celebrating Yeti's and elves. He must have hit it hard. He could be dead. Realising that he could've only entered through the roof windows North tilted his head upwards only to see the sky covered by intimidatingly dark clouds.

This was not his main priority, Jack was. North ran over whipping out his smaller carving knife from his belt of instruments, just in case anything had followed Jack in. He followed the Yeti into Jacks room and watched him carefully place him on the bed. Jacks limp body didn't move from the position it had been delicately placed in. As soon as he did he waved them out the door, once the Yeti had left Bunny entered and saw the blood, not only from a few of the cuts Jack had previously but on the pillow where his head lay. The blood had soaked into the cover and down to the actual pillow. North couldn't tell how much he had lost but it seemed bad, making Bunny grab the medical kit, North seemed frozen in shock with his hand over Jacks head. Bunny attempted to shove North out of his way "North, you gotta' move mate!" It worked, barely, Jack moaned a little as Bunny lifted his head gently, to see the damage. This snapped North back into reality and he shook his head. "Jack? Jack!" he began to yell.

"Pipe down North, we have to get him well first, go and sen' out the lights for Tooth" Bunny would never usually order North around but in this case, it was definitely necessary. North stumbled out of the room grabbing onto the walls as he went. He forced himself over to the lever which created the lights indicating a meeting at the workshop. They flew over the whole of the pole and showed up to each of the Guardians. They gleamed but seemed to be blocked out by something, barely passing through North remembered the looming cloud. He ran to his office and slung on a jacket along with his weapons, he yelled at the Yeti's to guard all the entrances to the workshop and four others to follow him. Bellowing across the hall he ordered the engineering Yeti's to ready his sleigh.

Meanwhile in the tooth palace where Tooth had only just arrived and seen all was well but no sooner had she landed than a baby tooth grabbed her attention and directed it towards the sky. Which was now lit up with numerous colours only just managing to be projected from Norths workshop, as soon as she saw the lights she was off, Zooming in and out of the structures she knew like the back of her hand. In a matter of seconds she was out looking at the sky and so began to fly towards the workshop once more, although completely worn out, she knew they wouldn't use the lights unless it was of the upmost importance. Flying closer she questioned the sky, it grew darker and darker until she came over and saw a particular cloud, which was so dark it looked like a black hole ready to absorb the whole of the workshop. Darker than nightfall itself making Tooth's feathers stand on edge. Still ever drawing closer Tooth began to realise what was looming over her, it had suddenly crept upon her but it was sand, like Sandy's but not it was dark and had a tint almost black with a indigo shimmer. Which could only be one person, but would he dare come back? As she saw the entrance a blur of bells and reindeer flew past her, making her spin round in confusion. " huh?" Tooth mumbled to herself, before seeing North's sleigh heading straight for the middle of the ever looming cloud. She continued to fly inside and saw the yeti's preparing for a battle of some sort, one pointed her towards jacks room, obviously indicating the urgency of her need. Opening the door she saw Jack on the bed unconscious again with Bunny hopping around unsure of what to do. Tooth