Chapter 7 - Home at last

//Hey, so update! Thanks for the votes & comments so far! Keep them coming J //

A sharp prick hit Jack in the neck. This was the last thing Jack felt, before his face, for the final time, hit Pitch’s ice, black floor. Just before his eyes blurred and closed heavily to a deep sleep he saw the agony on North’s face as he pulled out the knife, Jack had plunged into his hand only moments before.  Now it was not only Jacks blood on the floor.

Jacks eyes fluttered open but immediately shut as a bright light reflected off his gleaming iced iris’s. Not accustom to the light, after 3 weeks in Pitches lair, slowly opening his eyes allowing them to adjust and become less blurry slowly he felt his surroundings and he felt restraints against his arms and legs. Immediately reacting, with the new found energy, by yelling and straining against whatever was holding him down. He felt hands on his shoulders, bringing him back to reality and pinning him down against the bed while thoughts flew through his head, the knifes, his staff the laughter and the blood. His eyes now wide open looking wildly around the room his saw wood, a lot of wood. Everything was hand crafted but still rearing like a wild stallion Jack begged to be released, still not understanding what was happening or where he was.

It took a moment to dawn on him that this place was slightly familiar. His legs began to calm, still shaking but less furious and purposely. The slight warm spread up his body and slowed down his movement until he was shaking involuntarily. He closed his eyes and felt the weight bare down on them the strain of his mind affecting his vision, he brought them back up with tears falling out the sides without a choice, once again blurring his vision.  He looked ahead and saw a cold window, the lights main source,  there were candles lit on all the polished wooden shelves , wax climbing down the sides and bringing a sensation of calm to the room. He looked through the window and saw snow and ice, it made him feel so much better to see his passion and work only a few meters from him. He finally remembered that this was The Pole and North’s place, turning to see a familiar face, creased with laughter lines and a beard bigger than Jacks own arm, it was North himself.  Jack began to smile, another involuntary action, yet this one was welcomed. Jack didn’t fight the tears or the smile. Loud sobs came out as He felt small hands undo his restraints before he jumped into the warmth of North’s arms.

Still crying Jack felt a gentle squeeze, whilst clinging to North to make sure he was real. He pulled back whilst he felt his feet released, North’s chuckle turned into his hearty laugh, not changing from anything but that- a hearty laugh. He smiled and Jack began to pick out small details. Such as the darkness under his eyes, How long had he been waiting for me? Jack wondered. He pushed himself back in for another hug, this time North squeezed tight, Jack was still shaking, from everything. North sat him back on the edge of the bed, still smiling he gestured to Tooth, who Jack guessed had just lightly undone him, she smiled, Jack could see she had been crying and now looked close to tears with joy. She looked the same as North, tired and beaten but that didn’t matter because she was real.  She fluttered over the Jack and hesitated before gently touching his shoulder, as though she was scared.

Another thought came to Jacks mind at that moment. He immediately shot a look at North’s hand, only to see bandages circling his palm. He looked down in shame only to see his own hands on the bed in the same state. He wiped away tears slowly and looked sympathetically at Tooth, she looked into his eyes and instantly closed her arms around herself and took off out the room.  Jacks eyes fell to the floor, what had he done? Was it North’s hands? Or his own?

North scrapped a chair across the floor with his good hand and sat down opposite Jack. Jack noticed the chair had a green velvet cushion and oak legs. He brought his eyes up to face North, once more.  “It’s so good to see you” His deep Russian accent with his gentle voice sent another shake through his bod, his goose bumps flared up, but went as quickly as they came. North held his hands together and as Jack began to speak he brought a single finger to his lips. Jack stayed quiet while North continued.

“In time I will bring you up to date, but for now you must eat, drink and sleep  in that order. Bunny shot you with one of his sleep shots, we had no choice…” North was now the one who hung his head in shame, but continued as his words hit the ground. “For now we will leave you alone, the door will be locked and no-one will come through” North stood up and began to walk over to the window. Just below Jacks view a small table with a plate and a cup stood alone. He picked up both in his wrinkled hand and brought them back over to Jack. He gently placed them down onto the tiny side table next to Jacks bed. “Eat, drink, sleep” North repeated. Looking at the plate Jack saw a small slice of his favourite lemon Drizzle cake and a glass of iced lemonaid. Before he could say thank you he heard the door close with a soft thud and the lock turn. He was alone.

He felt his stomach wobble from the hunger and his throat ached for a drink, he reached out and felt a sharp pain, the adrenalin of coming back to reality must have faded. He looked at his hand and realised the pain was only slightly less than before. Luckily next to his drink he saw a small tablet, must be a pain killer. As his lifted the gold cup to his broken lips he felt the beautiful taste and the sizzling of the bubbles on his tongue. He popped the pill into his mouth after a few sips and swallowed. Although his throat was sore and slightly swollen, he managed to successfully swallow the pill and after a couple of seconds  he began to feel the pain swim away. He ate the whole slice of cake, and feeling better than he had in weeks he crawled back into bed and pulled the covers up to his neck. After a few moments he began to feel hot and disliked the feeling, so he lay above the covers and began to search his mind for answers to his questions.

It took only a few seconds before Jack fell into a deep sleep. Only 3 hours later did he awake with a  violent start and felt his hands on the cold floor and a darkness surrounded him. A face only a few centimetres away from his own bared down on him with an evil grin spreading across it. Recognizable as Pitch.

// COMMENT VOTE AND ADD TO READING LISTS! You asked for more and here it is, back at school now so give me a chance but if you ask, you shall receive! OKAY BYEEE //