First Impressions 🏐

FOR SOMEONE SO DAMN TINY, HINATA HAD ONE HELL OF A LOUD VOICE.

They could hear his tinny, yet distinct voice through the metal sliding doors of the gym, and Daichi chuckled, looking up from his stretching.

"Sounds like Hinata's finally arrived."

As if on cue, the ginger popped into the gym, wildly gesturing at everyone to get into places.

"He's here!!! Kageyama, get ready to set to me in the game! Suga-san, stand over there next to  Dad- I mean Daichi. Yamaguchi, over there next to Tsukishima. Tanaka-senpai... please put your shirt back on..."

Tanaka snorted and rolled his eyes, but slipped it back on nevertheless. The team complied with snickers in the air, but Hinata, bless his  young, oblivious soul,  didn't notice.

 Instead, he bounded over to Daichi, a huge grin over his face. 

"He said he wants to join the team! Can he? Can he? Please! He seems like he's really really good!"

Daichi raised an eyebrow, chuckling at the sheer excitement radiating off of the boy. God forbid anything ever happen to such a ball of energy and sunshine.

" Just because you think he's cute doesn't mean he's automatically good at volleyball. If he is any good, I can consider it, but your friend has to prove it." Daichi teased, raising an eyebrow.

"Hey, I never said he was cute!" Hinata flustered, stomping his foot. "I don't like him like that! He's my friend!" 

 "Awesome! Now I have a chance."  Suga smiled, winking over at Hinata. Daichi's irritated glare was enough to shut him up.

Daichi turned back to the ginger, watching as he literally vibrated in his shoes with excitement, and sighed.  

He wasn't get paid enough for this. 

No, he wasn't getting paid at all. 

"Are you waiting for me to let you bring him in?"

Hinata nodded so fast Daichi thought his neck would snap. Asahi paled at the mere sight of it.

"Go on then, bring him in." 

In the blink of an eye, the orange blur hopped out the door again, and even Kageyama had to hide his shock.

 Asahi paled even more; if that boy kept moving so fast, one day he might melt his damn feet.

Tsukishima lazily drawled into the silence, as if he was Morgan Freeman narrating a documentary on Animal Planet. 

"As you can see, what we just saw in front of us is actually one of life's greatest mysteries: is Karasuno's greatest decoy, Hinata Shoyo, on crack cocaine?"

Kageyama and Yamaguchi snorted.

"Tsukishima, shut up." 

"Gomen, gomen." 

Coach Ukai wasn't in the gym yet, as he was going to come into the gym with the Neighborhood team. He had gone over to Sakanoshita to check up on it, and would join the others on their way to the Karasuno gymnasium. Kiyoko was busy with Takeda with scheduling games and securing funding, and would arrive at around the same time. In the meanwhile, Daichi was in charge of making sure none of his idiot crows did something, well, idiotic.