Mornings and Mikio🏐

A/N:

Sup. Tis I, Jumpy. Hope you're enjoying so far!

Anyways, above is a picture of Shiro's new son, Mikio. :) I might be going too fast, but I just wanna get to the good parts!

I'll talk more in a separate A/N!

jUMPY, ouT.

******************************************************************

FOR A PRETTY ANTISOCIAL GUY, BEING SURROUNDED BY A CHAOTIC DOZEN WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A BIT DISCONCERTING.

But for some reason, Shiro loved it.

It was a morning practice, and Shiro wanted to do something nice for the volleyball team, mostly because they were kind enough to let him join even though they'd already played a few practice games.

This would be his third practice with the team, and as much as he hates to admit it, he's taken a liking to them all.

Daichi was really nice when he wasn't scarily screaming at the others to get their shit together. Asahi, if you took away the constant anxiety, was someone you could depend on. Sugawara, he was just so sweet and kind and sometimes just a little bit chaotic.

Tsukishima saved him from at least four yelling matches between Kageyama and Shoyo , so he owed that blond kid his life, even though he could be a bit too harsh when he teased the others. 

Kageyama himself was actually kinda nice, but he'd turn a bit scary whenever Shoyo would bounce about. 

Yamaguchi was often like a breath of fresh air even if he got just as easily flustered as him, and let Shiro bask in mutual silence between them whenever they were paired up together.

And the 2nd year duo? 

Deep down inside, Shiro thought they were hilarious. 

The coach was awesome, Takeda-sensei was beyond compassionate, and the manager, Kiyoko? She was pretty, but Shiro enjoyed her warmth and soft-spokenness more than her looks.

It was his dream team, the camaraderie and broship just spilled into the air, and as ragtag as they were, Karasuno was truly on the road to being a powerhouse.  It was like the dawn of a new era, and Shiro felt bittersweetness rise up in him at the thought of it.

They wouldn't want a cripple on their championship-winning team. Who would 

But Shiro had started feeling something other than his love for volleyball in that gym. He began connecting with the team, began...smiling back to their stupidly wide grins whenever Shiro would receive Tanaka's spike or slam in a cut shot. 

Instead of shying away from their calls, Shiro would perk up whenever he'd hear their voices.  Instead of prying Shoyo  off of him whenever the boy would jump for hugs, Shiro started looking forward to them.  Instead of hating practice, they became the highlight of his day.

"Hinata's our greatest decoy, Nishinoya's the guardian deity, and you, Shiro, are our greatest weapon." Ukai had told him gently, when he saw the doubt scrawled upon his face. "You're a storm when you serve and a tiger when you play. We're definitely going to Nationals if you keep it up."