Chapter 3

Naina's Point Of View

I threw the file at the table, and ran to hide behind that curtains.

Oh no, Naina, why do you have to be so dumb? Don’t you remember what had happened that last time you hid behind curtains?” I thought to myself, as I tried to stay as quiet as possible, because getting caught was the last thing in my mind.  

Rajveer sir, if you have ever loved me, you will save me” I thought, and then cursed, at myself. A few seconds passed, and with each passing seconds, the sounds of footsteps came closer and closer.  I was giving up all hopes when I heard two very familiar voices outside:  Alekh’s and Captain Abhimanyu’s.

A few seconds passed, and then I heard four steps going away, and one step coming closer.

“Naina, come out. They are gone” I heard Alekh’s voice say. I cautiously, got out and walked toward Alekh.

“What are you doing here and where di BC, Mugambo and Muccard go? I questioned.

“You were in here for a long time. When you didn’t come out I got worries, and saw Abhimanyu sir in the corridor. I gave him a lame excuse, and he took the three out of here” Alkeh Explained.

“Um, ok thanks.”

“Tell me one thing, what took you so long?” He asked

“I don’t think this is the right time nor the right place to have a chit chat, don’t you think” I said 

“Let’s go to the Mess. Everyone one is waiting for us.” He said and left.

Upon reaching the mess I saw a worried look on the faces all of my friends. Alekh and I started to walk toward the table, where they all were seated. Huda saw us before we could reach the table, and jumped up from his chair, in order to walk toward us.

“Ohi foolan, what took you so long?” He questioned as soon he reached us. I looked toward him and felt guilty. Guilty, because of me he is not happy. Guilty because I can never love him. Guilty because I know he is not as jolly anymore because of me. Guilty because

My chain of thoughts were broken by someone violent shaking me. I turned around to see Pooja standing next to me.

“Ohi, Naina, you ok na? What happen? Why did it take you so long?’ She asked me. I walked over to the table and sat down.

“BC was not in his office, so I was about to exit when my eyes laid on a file. I read that file and was about to exit when I heard BC, Mugambo, and Muccard’s voice outside” I narrated.

“What? Naina you ok na? You should have been more careful.” Ali said, worried.

“Yes Ali. Abhimanyu sir and I were able to stop the three before they went in the room” Alkeh said.

“But, chief what about the letter?” Yudi asked.

“I have got it.” A voice said from behind us. I turned around to see a serious looking Captain Abhimanyu looking at us. He was holding a white envelope in his hand. He walked over to us handed me the envelope.

“I was able to save your but* this time but never eve pull this kind of stunt again. Understand?” He said/scolded.

“Yes sir” I said slowly as I saw that he was really worried.

 “But sir, how did you get this letter?” Pooja questioned.

“I had to break into Major’s office, but I am never doing that again” He said and turned toward me “So cadet Naina, make sure he never gets anything of your, from now on”